WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

I do like the Typhoon and considered a floatplane version but thought the radiator would get clogged with salt. Was I over cautious? As a whiff it does look superb though :thumbsup:.

Old Wombat

This one I like better, although the wing floats looks far too small to me.

Quote from: perttime on September 10, 2013, 08:12:22 AM
Hawker Monsoon Mk IV
RAAF (?) ASW and fast naval recce. I'd have thought the Navy would be the user, instead.

There was no RAN naval aviation during WW2 or even prior, not really (the 1st attempt being stillborn after RAAF opposition in 1928). Our cruisers & even our 1st seaplane tender/carrier, HMAS Albatross (after which RANAS Nowra was named), carried aircraft owned & operated by the RAAF. It wasn't until July 1947 that the RAN got its FAA.

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 12, 2013, 08:02:55 AM
This one I like better, although the wing floats looks far too small to me.
Guy

The main float does look a lot better on this one Guy. The wing floats though, only have to keep the wing out of the water, they don't support any aircraft weight (so to speak) even for something as big as a Martin Mars.  Most photos show wing floats to have one way up in the air when on the water to support my reasoning
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Old Wombat

It was an aesthetic observation, rather than a practical one. ;)

Perhaps "ungainly" would have been a better description, except I still think they look too small (make that) short & fat. ;D

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Phil Peterson over on HS just put up a link to photos he took at the recent Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. If you're Canadian you will absolutely love this one!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Logan Hartke

"Remember, women may not find you handsome, but at least they'll find you handy."

Cheers,

Logan

NARSES2

Now that's neat but the transfers should be held on with little strips of the stuff ?  :rolleyes: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

philp

And it took 2nd over my Carpet Monster Trophy (not that I am bitter).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sauragnmon

And if all else fails, use the Handyman's Secret Weapon *Rip* Duct Tape!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

scooter

He couldn't have used green (or tan) 100 MPH tape? 

Although I will admit I love my "Signal/International Orange" roll of Duck Tape™.  Makes my luggage stand out when travelling
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Duct Tape is like The Force, it has light side and a dark side and it holds the Universe together..........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Oh that is simply marvellous Philip, thanks for posting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.