WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

Either way, it looks great! Totally believable!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

famvburg

The Monogram Snark is 1/80something. I have one in my stash. Lindberg made (or makes still) a 1/48 Snark.

jcf

Captain Canada

Woah ! That would surely turn some heads if it showed up at sea to rescue a US reg. ship !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

major

Loving that! I know i've a Matchbox hind, stacked away somewhere.

Sauragnmon

Cappy, you think it would turn heads on a Rescue mission, consider what it could do for Drug Enforcement... an armored, well armed monster like that chasing down your little cigarette smuggling boat?  I don't think that would be a very good day.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

scooter

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 11, 2014, 03:24:17 PM
USCG Hind from a Soviet film, found on Hyperscale:

I'd thought of painting one up as a Civil Air Patrol SAR bird...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Sauragnmon on March 11, 2014, 06:26:43 PM
Cappy, you think it would turn heads on a Rescue mission, consider what it could do for Drug Enforcement... an armored, well armed monster like that chasing down your little cigarette smuggling boat?  I don't think that would be a very good day.

Nice find! Peru did drug raids with its Mi-24, even though in a cammo paint scheme - even though these machines are not less colorful!

SEA scheme taken to the extreme!  ;D

As a side note, I remember other Soviet aircraft wearing USAF markings for movies. I have seen a MiG-15 from a movie still (and, no, it's not the one tested in the USA), so the CG-Mi 24 is very plausible. Looks even more sophisticated than pseudo-soviet aircraft that turned up in Western media...  :rolleyes:

Madoc

Look!  It's a MiG-15!  No, it's a Ta-183!  No, it's a Mig!  No, it's a Huckebein!  A MiG!  A Huckebein!

Well, you decide!

PM Ta-183 AKA MiG-15

Very nicely done as well.  Good thinking to take the HobbyBoss MiG-15 as a "MiG bits" provider.  The end result is nicely finished and rather smart looking to boot!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Dizzyfugu

Nice one - another proof that you can actually make something from the very basic PM kit. I had that one on the bench last week, too, but that one saw a major conversion...

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 12, 2014, 04:22:03 AM
Quote from: Sauragnmon on March 11, 2014, 06:26:43 PM
Cappy, you think it would turn heads on a Rescue mission, consider what it could do for Drug Enforcement... an armored, well armed monster like that chasing down your little cigarette smuggling boat?  I don't think that would be a very good day.

Nice find! Peru did drug raids with its Mi-24, even though in a cammo paint scheme - even though these machines are not less colorful!

SEA scheme taken to the extreme!  ;D

As a side note, I remember other Soviet aircraft wearing USAF markings for movies. I have seen a MiG-15 from a movie still (and, no, it's not the one tested in the USA), so the CG-Mi 24 is very plausible. Looks even more sophisticated than pseudo-soviet aircraft that turned up in Western media...  :rolleyes:

Wow.  That Peruvian Hind is amazing.

I found more pics.

And a Cuban one that's quite striking.

I think a PDRV anti smuggler Hind in Archipelago camo is in order...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

What a great shot of those two Peruvian Hinds taking off !

:cheers:

Yes....build some !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Madoc

Wherever you go, there you are!