WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Mr. Dobrzelecki's has certainly made good use of the spare parts in creating that model fast attack boat.  Trying the determine the origin of the pieces is a challenge without having read through his build report.  Definitely very creative and well done.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

Porco's Savoia as a 'real' Italian aircraft:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1254135810/1-48+Savoia+S.21F+Flying+Boat

To quote the creator:
"This flying boat belonged to the Diving Board & Form Floating Club of Venice Fascist Party. They used it as a fast pizza delivery cab."

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

Karen Coughlin's Me-109 G-10:

More here.

Phil Brown's Ta-183:

more

Swanny's Focke Wulf P.11:

more.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

That scantily clad 109 looks pretty sweet, reminds me of the Naked Il-2 I saw once.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Andy Phypers's superbly done Arado Ar-555:

More here.

Regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

Quote from: GTX on October 24, 2009, 01:32:58 PM
Andy Phypers's superbly done Arado Ar-555:

More here.

Regards,

Greg
I want one of these in 1/72nd scale, it has so much whiff potential, I had a look for the Revell one today.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

Whoa! That 555 looks marvellous.  :bow:

I hope Revell will re-release this one. They have re-released some of their Luft '46 in the past few years and apparently the Me P.1099 Heavy Fighter will make a comeback next year.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Not entirely a whiff, but still a work of art - this Hercules Hurricane by Victor Scheuerman:

More here.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Nice Horten Go-229B "Nachtjager" by Andy Phypers:

More here.

Regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

Both the Horton and Hurricane are outstanding models :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ysi_maniac

;D Is it legal to post whiffs outside this forum?  :wacko:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sauragnmon

Naaaaaaaah but they're open to the predations of the JMN when posted outside of this forum, which can have negative connotations on the minds of less-secure whiffers who haven't gotten to the habit of telling the JMNs who get in their face precisely where they can stick it, where they can go, how they can get there and just how long they can stay there and in whose company they can be whilst they are there.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

1/48 scratch-built P-37 in what-if scheme by Ron Gordo:

More.

Regards,

Greg