WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Rat on November 29, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 29, 2014, 03:12:34 PMcleverly done too, do we know anything else about it ?

Nothing unfortunately. But she's a real beauty.

Second that. Probably even a scale-mash-up, with a 1:72 CF-100 and 1:48 Horten wings? Very cool idea!

dumaniac

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 30, 2014, 01:49:13 AM
Quote from: The Rat on November 29, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 29, 2014, 03:12:34 PMcleverly done too, do we know anything else about it ?

Nothing unfortunately. But she's a real beauty.

Second that. Probably even a scale-mash-up, with a 1:72 CF-100 and 1:48 Horten wings? Very cool idea!

Except it isn't.  It's a PM Horten 229B two seat nightfighter.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 02, 2014, 04:29:18 PM
Except it isn't.  It's a PM Horten 229B two seat nightfighter.

Okay, had me fooled. And I guess that's what a good whiff should do!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Nice - the widened section between fuselage and engine has also been solved nicely.

Captain Canada

Very nicely done ! I always think the radial Hurricane looks to Italian tho.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 19, 2014, 04:43:53 AM
Very nicely done ! I always think the radial Hurricane looks to Italian tho.

:thumbsup:

Especially so with that yellow cowling. Very nice model
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Czech Omega did a 72nd resin one, as well as the Griffon version.  I have one somewhere.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Nice ! The shape of the nacelles is kinda funny, but it sure looks like a good representation of what a prototype a/c would look like. Love the finish as well. Nice find for sure !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I reckon the nacelle shape is because they used the tops of something like plastic bottles to achieve the change in cross section from original nacelles to new fronts.
Good bit of scratching. Looks sweet.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That Whirlwind is interesting. I'm thinking give it a nose wheel undercarriage and make her a FAA Torpedo/Strike aircraft
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 31, 2014, 11:53:48 AM
Nice ! The shape of the nacelles is kinda funny, but it sure looks like a good representation of what a prototype a/c would look like. Love the finish as well. Nice find for sure !

:cheers:

Second that, looks very nice - reminds me of the Chinese Tu-4 turboprop conversions that also have a similar "plug" installation to bridge the different engine diameters:

Why not?

Mossie

I agree, odd looking, but not unknown for turboprop conversions as Dizzy has shown.  I can think of two others off the top of my head, the B-17 turbo fire bomber and the Cavalier Turbo Mustang.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/engines/55331d1299778287t-17-turbo-prop-turbo-prop.jpg
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.