WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Nice work, even though the Falcon AAMs are fishy. But I like the concept, and it turned out nicely. Have a Sabre/Fury with radar on the long agenda, too...

Captain Canada

Wow ! Is that ever well done. Love it ! Saving that pic for future reference. Thanks !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

took me a while to realise what was whiffy about it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

A Rolls Royce Trent engine B52.  Wasn't there a suggestion some time ago that this would make sense?  I think it only  failed on the "not invented here" criterion.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Martin H

Quote from: Rheged on February 09, 2017, 01:31:38 AM
A Rolls Royce Trent engine B52.  Wasn't there a suggestion some time ago that this would make sense?  I think it only  failed on the "not invented here" criterion.
The blurb said they wher P&W PW2000's off Boeing 757's. Plus As I understood it, the engine swap idea was killed off due to a massive stock of spare parts and spare engines being available.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2017, 01:07:48 AM
took me a while to realise what was whiffy about it.

I think that's simply because it just looks so right.

Quote from: Martin H on February 09, 2017, 03:47:03 AM

That's what I read as well.

The blurb said they wher P&W PW2000's off Boeing 757's. Plus As I understood it, the engine swap idea was killed off due to a massive stock of spare parts and spare engines being available.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

That particular re-engine scheme originated with Boeing, hardly 'not invented here', because they
have extensive RB211 experience, the source of the engines wasn't considered relevant and it died
for the same reason as all of the notions to re-engine with four 'airliner' type engines: the cost of
the wing redesign to accept the new pylons and required airframe systems updates.

Inter alia we had different wiring and systems documents for each engine type on the 747,
the same is true for other models with multiple engine options. The engine manufacturers do
not do the same things the same way, so simply swapping engine manufacturer is a
complicated task.

zenrat

Not just a case of drilling new mounting holes and bolting them up then?
:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Very cool. Love the clean look of her.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 10, 2017, 03:50:54 AM
Not just a case of drilling new mounting holes and bolting them up then?
:o

Couldn't they have used superglue? That's what we'd have done, wasn't it?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit