WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Now that's a neat looking plane an very well done !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Beautifully done but for crying out loud?  Marseille?  Vastly over rated poster boy.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Took me a minute to figure it out ! Very well done.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Not a big fan of the demarcation or the markings, but it does look good and certainly makes sense !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

The F5U is VERY nice - even though the paint scheme is rather dubious, since it made sense on the F4U where it comes from (which had outer wings replaced from an older, all-blue aircraft). Here it looks interesting, but makes ...little sense? Anyway, great build, and the grey/white scheme suits the F5U well.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 21, 2017, 12:44:31 AM
The F5U is VERY nice - even though the paint scheme is rather dubious, since it made sense on the F4U where it comes from (which had outer wings replaced from an older, all-blue aircraft). Here it looks interesting, but makes ...little sense? Anyway, great build, and the grey/white scheme suits the F5U well.  :thumbsup:

Ah, but the guy who flew the 'Pancake' was the SAME guy who flew the Corsair, and he was an Admiral by the time he was flying the 'Pancake', and he liked the old Corsair's scheme, so they painted it HIS way.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AXU

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

CANSO

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2017, 02:07:57 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 21, 2017, 12:44:31 AM
Ah, but the guy who flew the 'Pancake' was the SAME guy who flew the Corsair, and he was an Admiral by the time he was flying the 'Pancake', and he liked the old Corsair's scheme, so they painted it HIS way.  ;D ;)
In fact the true story is that WWII hero Capt. James H. Flatley, Jr. just loved that Black 5 "Corsair" we all know.

He became vice admiral and CO of NAS Olathe for about a year (check Wigooglopedia if you don't believe me ;)). BTW the station was renamed Flatley Field for him between 1962 and 1969. As a CO he ordered to paint ALL a/cs in the base incl. "Super Corsairs" and "Flapjacks" in this famous scheme. :mellow:

And a legend was born... ;D

TheChronicOne

How cool! I'm a big fan of the color scheme, too. The Captain had good taste.  :laugh: :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-