WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I'm always scared i'm going to crack the canopy while sanding/polishing it (and of course you can't polish out a crack).  Probably less chance of that if its superglued onto the model.

It's a gorgeous build.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 10, 2018, 12:09:20 AM

And yeah, it's a real 'WTF have I done?!' moment when you first start sanding one, but the old school method still works.
And using a nail buffing system makes it even easier - at least when the canopy is off the model.  ;D

Yup I always finish with toothpaste, but it needs to be paste not gel.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Hmm, I usually finish with metal polish but toothpaste will be finer and leave it minty fresh.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 10, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
but toothpaste will be finer and leave it minty fresh.

And really, really old school. In fact you could even call it "retro" and sell it for twice the price  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 10, 2018, 01:29:08 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 10, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
but toothpaste will be finer and leave it minty fresh.

And really, really old school. In fact you could even call it "retro" and sell it for twice the price  ;D

Shh - don't give them more ideas!  ;D

DogfighterZen

That is a very good build. :thumbsup:
Sometimes i don't even have to use any polishing compound for canopies, the buffer of the UMP sanders set does an amazing job, i really like these sanders.

https://www.umpretail.com/collections/building/products/ultimate-modellers-sanders-starter-pack
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

How much 7 notes?  Nah, the pack of four blocks (each one has four separate grades) I got from Poundworld are far superior and much cheaper - they work out at 25p each.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 22, 2018, 04:13:19 AM
How much 7 notes?  Nah, the pack of four blocks (each one has four separate grades) I got from Poundworld are far superior and much cheaper - they work out at 25p each.

Well, i've never seen those types of blocks selling around here but they are cheap indeed. But i assume that you've tried the UMP ones to say that the Poundworld ones are far superior... i can't say which are superior cause i haven't tried both types, but i know the 4 UMP buffers and sanders i've used have been working very well for me and i've been using them quite a bit for almost a year now and all they needed so far was a wash and they're as good as new. Besides, they're slim enough to sand in a lot of places where i believe a block will not reach so i'd say they're more versatile than simple sanding blocks. But again, that's my experience... and truth be told, i didn't pay for mine, i won them while watching the show...  :angel: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kitnut617

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 22, 2018, 10:33:10 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 22, 2018, 04:13:19 AM

Well, i've never seen those types of blocks selling around here but they are cheap indeed. But i assume that you've tried the UMP ones to say that the Poundworld ones are far superior... i can't say which are superior cause i haven't tried both types, but i know the 4 UMP buffers and sanders i've used have been working very well for me and i've been using them quite a bit for almost a year now and all they needed so far was a wash and they're as good as new. Besides, they're slim enough to sand in a lot of places where i believe a block will not reach so i'd say they're more versatile than simple sanding blocks. But again, that's my experience... and truth be told, i didn't pay for mine, i won them while watching the show...  :angel: ;D

I bought some sanding sticks very similar to that at my LMS, paid something like C$8.00 for two.  Only to find out a short while later they were identical to the polishing sticks my wife uses on her nails (same grits and everything), which can be got at Shoppers Drugmart for about C$1.25 each ---- and most of them have two different grits (one to each side)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

She's a beast, a BEAST I tells ya! Wendell Barnett's Avro Avalon. And the reason for the name is well put: http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/message/1517420214/WIGB+Avro+Avalon-As+Done+As+She%27s+Gonna+Get

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That's an excellent build.  :thumbsup:

And it even has long wings too!  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Beastly!!!! Fo-sho!!  I like it.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Beast for sure ! That's really cool.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?