WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

That chalenger II is one of the best looking builds I have seen in a very long time, and it is a real favourite of mine for sure  :wub: Excellent find.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Stargazer

the Challenger II sure makes me wish there was a Whiffie for "Best whif found on the web"!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on November 30, 2011, 05:45:24 AM
the Challenger II sure makes me wish there was a Whiffie for "Best whif found on the web"!!!

I'm not sure there isn't one ? However there's no reason why we shouldn't award an "honourary Wiffie" ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RussC

Quote from: Aircav on November 29, 2011, 02:06:35 PM
Here's some more of the Challenger II which I think is just such a wonderful design.  :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :wub:
http://www.usns.biz/index.php/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=102

Its a lot like my W-wing tailless design when you look at it from above, the sweeps are reversed though into an M-wing ,...and the challenger is a LOT more muscular in stature.

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Green Dragon

Anyone got any suggestions of what Rene used to make the Challenger II? I want a fighter version of it! 'Tis a looker isn't it?  :wub: :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

RussC

Quote from: Green Dragon on November 30, 2011, 02:23:43 PM
Anyone got any suggestions of what Rene used to make the Challenger II? I want a fighter version of it! 'Tis a looker isn't it?  :wub: :wub:

Paul Harrison

Really, it looks like anything could be used, find a canopy and nose area style you like for an era you like- make a 30's version with a birdcage office even. Then get some engines that look good, the wings themselves actually look like something crafted from styrene sheet than any kit parts and it looks like some heating and bending done. They are really thin section airfoils. Add an undercarriage if making a "at rest" model.

RussC

New find on HS. A Do-228 in Australian RAAF markings.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

lenny100

somebody find out who built it and give his a invite over here
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

James

Quote from: lenny100 on December 09, 2011, 08:12:56 AM
somebody find out who built it and give his a invite over here

Certainly. It's also given me some ideas for the kit I have.

chrisonord

Totally agree with everyone on that Do-228, is there any more pictures of it? I would like to have a proper look at it as it has inspired me what to do with the one in my stash.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

So where did they put the kitchen sink on that bird ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!