WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

The Eggbatross IS good!
... and it looks like an Albatross, just shortened a little bit  ;D

Captain Canada

The Eggbatross is hilarious ! And very nicely done at that....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on September 28, 2013, 03:18:14 AM
The Eggbatross IS good!

Now if you did one that was cracked in the middle and had a smaller scale one coming out (say 144th) it would be astounding
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 29, 2013, 08:23:10 AM
Quote from: perttime on September 28, 2013, 03:18:14 AM
The Eggbatross IS good!

Now if you did one that was cracked in the middle and had a smaller scale one coming out (say 144th) it would be astounding

Got that very idea on my bench right now, just about finished. Different aircraft though. Pictures soon.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 29, 2013, 08:37:34 AM
Oooooh well done Ratty  :bow:

Quick peek, there's been a lot more work since this was taken

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

NARSES2

The Rat

The Rat

NARSES2

Oh that anti Zombie vehicle is rather good  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

That car is too funny Rat...thanks. Although the way it's spelled it's actually pronounced Zombie Ettle

:thumbsup:

How come I can only see one pic of the Lizzie ? Is the HS on lockdown unless you log in ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 22, 2013, 07:35:08 AMHow come I can only see one pic of the Lizzie ? Is the HS on lockdown unless you log in ?

I think that's all he's got so far. I've still got the bits you gave me for the Lysander/Duck, wracked my brain for ages trying to figure out how to arrange wing floats with really long supports. Finally it hit me: I've got the makings for almost two full Lysanders, so I'll turn it into a biplane and attach the floats to the lower wing! (reaches around to pat himself on the back, gets cramp in latissimus dorsi)

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on October 22, 2013, 06:41:47 AM
And this is a neat work in progress, a Lysander on floats.

Such an obvious build when you think about it - amazing we've not seen one on this forum!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Rat on October 22, 2013, 06:41:47 AM
And this is a neat work in progress, a Lysander on floats.

That's a nice idea. Fellow user Franclab from Canada scratched another weird (but obviously real!) Lysander derivate: an agricultural flyer from 1949...

Westland Lysander Version agricole / Agricultural version 1949 by Franclab, on Flickr

Info about it:

"This Lysander modification is an interesting piece of history. After the war, you could buy ex-RCAF Lysanders for 50$ to 250$ each, same money in fact that you would spend to build a hen house! E.S. "Ted" Holmes bought four of them (Lysanders, not hen houses!), and had them modified for crop spraying in Canada. The modifications included, apart the obvious low-hung spray bar, air-driven pumps in the wheel spats and a new fuel tank behind the pilot seat - the regular tanks being actually used for the chemicals. The back seat position was deleted and its windows blanked off. Because the planes were usually flown at a very low speed and altitude, the inside wing slots were fixed in the open position, the outer ones probably fixed closed. The planes were working as independant units, each with an accompaning mechanic and crew in a truck.
These Lysander were quite successful in their new role, being able to carry more volume of chemical than the light planes used in that time for the same purpose.The Canadian regulations required the pilots to wear parachutes, but Holmes pleaded that most flights were done a few feets over the ground, where this equipment would be quite useless... (he succeed to have a derogation!).
As far as I know, this was the only civil use of this famous warbird and I love the special look of it."

Sick, eh?

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franclab/10211914254/

Captain Canada

That Lizzie is awesome ! But boy, am I ever glad I clicked on his photostream......is it ok if I give up modeling now ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?