Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

dumaniac

hey - that is nice and a beautiful build

Old Wombat

Quote from: Hotte on December 10, 2013, 10:09:56 AM
Kugisho R2Y2 :

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1386535769/Fine+Molds+Kugisho+R2Y2+Conversion

Hotte

Just goes to show how all-pervasive Star Wars is; I was expecting to see a conversion set for a garbage-can droid! :blink:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

The Rat

This should be interesting, a Crusader/Viper mash-up based on the Vought V-523 project: Link

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Beauty ! A bigger LERX and it would look right modern !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on January 11, 2014, 07:01:36 PM
Don't recall seeing this posted before, but I may be wrong. Republic of Newfoundland and Labrador
Model 737 Surveiller

Interesting that it's done in 1/100 scale. I've never heard of M&B before but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a re-pop of the old Nitto 737-200. They weren't around for very long under the Nitto label IIRC.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2014, 07:06:43 AM
Quote from: The Rat on January 11, 2014, 07:01:36 PM
Don't recall seeing this posted before, but I may be wrong. Republic of Newfoundland and Labrador
Model 737 Surveiller

I've never heard of M&B before but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a re-pop of the old Nitto 737-200.

Me neither Kit, but they're in the big book.  Canadian company around the early 80's apparently, all their kits were as you guessed, ex-Nitto.  They boxed four 737-200's and a single DC-9-30 all in Canadian airline colours of one sort or another.  BTW, if you're trying to do a search it's Maquettes M&B
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I built one of those Nitto 737-200s for a big shop in Nottingham in the 70s some time.

Needless to say, as a display model, I had to use the kit decals which were for an obscure Japanese airline but I used them anyway. It looked pretty good to me on the display shelf but more than one potential customer complained that it didn't look like the kit's box art!  :banghead:

Nitto, being Nitto, had depicted the aircraft weathered more like a tank than an airliner and the smoke trail on the box lid would have done credit to a WWII destroyer!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 12, 2014, 07:34:13 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2014, 07:06:43 AM

I've never heard of M&B before but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a re-pop of the old Nitto 737-200.

Me neither Kit, but they're in the big book.  Canadian company around the early 80's apparently, all their kits were as you guessed, ex-Nitto.  They boxed four 737-200's and a single DC-9-30 all in Canadian airline colours of one sort or another.  BTW, if you're trying to do a search it's Maquettes M&B

The "big book" is John Burns' PAK20?
BTW, M&B has also done an ex-Nitto DC-3 too, in canadian markings, sold bagged.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

dumaniac

gees - nice

what is its name - "blade runner" with all those prop blade

where did you get the props or are they home made ?

cheers

Bernie