Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

I love the Mig-183 whatever - nice camo

well done

Bernie

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 09, 2014, 03:40:53 AM
What a great shot of those two Peruvian Hinds taking off !

:cheers:

Yes....build some !

:thumbsup:
I will eventually.  I want most recent 1/72 Revell Hind but my usual plastic pushers seem to be out of them.  Still, it's not like i've got nothing to build...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Madoc

Wherever you go, there you are!

Madoc

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wow look at the weapons load on that Bone ! Awesome stuff. Really well done and all. Not a fan of the tail tho, kinda ruins it for me....as if there is something missing. Takes away from the powerful look to me.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

albeback

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 21, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
Wow look at the weapons load on that Bone ! Awesome stuff. Really well done and all. Not a fan of the tail tho, kinda ruins it for me....as if there is something missing. Takes away from the powerful look to me.

I actually like the V tail. Makes it look meaner & sleeker I reckon! Love the whole model! Might be tempted to try this myself! <_<

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Dizzyfugu

It's because the tail surfaces are too small - just using the horizontal stabilizers and leaving away the vertical fin justis not enough to create an alternative V-tail. That will happen with any aircraft, you have to add some area to get a balanced look.

lenny100

The idea is from the dale brown books where is a replacement for the old dog b-52 type aircraft
and even he says the tail looks small in the books
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on April 22, 2014, 04:06:17 AM
The idea is from the dale brown books where is a replacement for the old dog b-52 type aircraft
and even he says the tail looks small in the books

Don't they have active control for the tail surfaces in the books? I know there was some logical reason for them being undersize.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 22, 2014, 02:20:53 AM
It's because the tail surfaces are too small - just using the horizontal stabilizers and leaving away the vertical fin justis not enough to create an alternative V-tail. That will happen with any aircraft, you have to add some area to get a balanced look.

Yes. That's exactly what it is !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Porco Rosso Savoia S.21 as an in-service Italian fighter, by Jason Chetwynd-Chatwin:

http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/savoias21jcc_1.htm

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

That's a neat little plane ! Very well done by the look of it too.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Madoc