WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Nice finish on this one, too.

PR19_Kit

That must have either a zonking big engine or an equally zonking big dozer blade on the back, as when they fire the Gatling thingie the recoil forces are going to be HUMUNGUOUS!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

You would have to follow that with a freight train just to supply the ammunition!  :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Wow - that would introduce a whole new category of armour piercing principle:

HEAT = High Explosive Anti-Tank
KE = Kintetic Energy
CE = Cumulative Erosion

;)

BTW, the figure is Barrio Guy from Industria Mechanika: http://industriamechanika.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_11&products_id=10
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Hmm...a Ferdinand equipped with an 8.8 cm gatling gun, with armored ammo trailer.  ::ponders::  Definitely need a better power pack.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Now i'm thinking about gatling howitzers or mortars...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Oh yeah now that is cool ! Imagine the sound of it going off !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

"Sir! We fired 100 rounds from our gattling howitzer. Now we need someone to help upbury it from all the expended shells"!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Weaver on June 09, 2014, 02:19:08 AM
Wow - that would introduce a whole new category of armour piercing principle:
HEAT = High Explosive Anti-Tank
KE = Kintetic Energy
CE = Cumulative Erosion
Nah, been done.
The ARES 75mm weapon on the original RDF-LT was intended to do just that (but they used the slightly more technical term "Strip-Kill").
40 rounds a minute of very high velocity 75mm AP ammo impacting you is not conducive to survival...
What if... I had a brain?

Steel Penguin

the high tec versions will use an anti matter tip, ( traveller RPG idea)  you get the erosive effect, a goodly chunk of hard radiation, and lots of pretty lights.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 09, 2014, 11:01:24 AM
the high tec versions will use an anti matter tip, ( traveller RPG idea)  you get the erosive effect, a goodly chunk of hard radiation, and lots of pretty lights.

Aha - knew I'd seen a whacking great autocannon somewhere - cheers!

IIRC, the vehicle and weapon design rules in Striker set no upper limit on autocannon sizes, and there was a sample scenario which featured a grav vehicle with an 80mm three-barrelled autocannon firing the kind of exotic rounds as you suggest.

No sure what the latest versions allow, but in those days there were things like collapsing Californium rounds that made a critical mass when the round hit the target hard enough to force the two sub-crits together. Miss and hit the ground? Nothing happens. Hit a tank? BOOM squared..... :blink:

I always thought they missed a trick there: they should have called it NEAT : Nuclear Explosive Anti-Tank....  :mellow:  
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

NEAT   now that I like ( file away for later) :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

It looks kinda neat, but then I'm thinking, a 15 second burst of fire  --- then what ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 09, 2014, 11:01:24 AM
the high tec versions will use an anti matter tip, ( traveller RPG idea)  you get the erosive effect, a goodly chunk of hard radiation, and lots of pretty lights.

Funnily enough, one of the side effects of firing AP (of various flavours) at a steel target is indeed a flash of light, as the kinetic energy is converted instantaneously to heat and light (simply conservation of energy).  It's like someone flashing a spot light at you.  Very interesting to observe and very visible even in broad daylight.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.