WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Besides the smaller size of the turboprop engine it was also much lighter than the old piston engines. It had to be mounted much farther forward to correct the cg.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Lovely shot of the Chinese bird. Love the look of that.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Cutting Edge did one in 1/48 and 1/72.  It was mainly for the AEW version, I've got a 1/72 one in the stash.  If you can find one, they go for very, very silly money --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Captain Canada

Very nice. I recognized those decals right away  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I like that Bear. If you gave it a different nose and maybe some different props it could look very "British"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

famvburg

About 25 years ago (Has it been THAT long ago?!) when the first pics of the KJ-1 came out I modified an Airfix B-29 wooden dowels, 1/48 Seafire or Spitfire props, tubing, putty and plastic sheet and a couple of Firebees to make the KJ-1. When the CE conversion was released, I bought one just for kicks but have never compared those parts to mine. At least mine looks the part. Now I would at least use cowls and props from the An-12 kits. I'd love to see what the performance numbers were compared to the stock B-29/Tu-4 or even the B-50.

Captain Canada

That would be neat to see. Any pics of it ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jsport

famvburg

Captain Canada

That old 737 was around a long ways back....still a brilliant model ! Love old school 737's.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

su27rules

Perfect!!

Very nice I like it very much in this camo!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Librarian

Quote from: su27rules on March 21, 2015, 09:28:54 AM
Perfect!!

Very nice I like it very much in this camo!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

SUPERB!! Wish all Luftwaffe fighters had been this scheme....just hate all that yucky mottling.