WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Is that a radar python 3 under its wing?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

AFAIK, the Brazilian F-5s have been modernized by Israeli company Elbit since 2001, and some legwork turned up that Brazil bought 400 Python-3s for the modernized F-5 fleet! I'd assume that's a protective cap over the IR seeker?

Gondor

Thanks Dizzyfugu, with its colour it looks like it is a radar nose

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Captain Canada

Oh my that is gorgeous ! Love that one. I really need to build an F-5 or two....maybe make my own CDN special in a similar scheme.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

IIRC there was recently an anniversary CF-18 in semi WWII colors. Maybe use a CF-5A, date it back 10 or 20 years and apply a retro WWII scheme?

Captain Canada

There was a D-Day Hornet many moons ago, but the current `special`is done like the Typhoon this year, pretty sweet ! Hope to see it in about a months time.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 31, 2015, 05:35:39 AM
There was a D-Day Hornet many moons ago.

That's probably the one I have in mind.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

The USN had at least one 'D-Day' F-18 as well. It was parked on the fantail of the carrier that came across to the UK for one of the anniversary celebrations and was moored in Spithead.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

CANSO

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 31, 2015, 02:40:24 PMThe 2015 RCAF display CF-188

Je te plumerai (I'll pluck you ;D) is not necessarily a BOB slogan, but well, we all know it's just a song. ;)

Alouette, gentille Alouette
Lark, nice lark
Alouette, je te plumerai
Lark, I shall pluck you
Je te plumerai la tĂȘte
I shall pluck your head
Je te plumerai la tĂȘte
I shall pluck your head...

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
What a great 2-ship that would make with the RAF's BoB Typhoon!  :thumbsup:

My first thought when ever I hear/read those lines is to go "but Typhoon's didn't serve in the BoB"   :banghead: Then my brain clicks into gear. I wish they wouldn't re-use old names  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 01, 2015, 05:23:21 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
What a great 2-ship that would make with the RAF's BoB Typhoon!  :thumbsup:

My first thought when ever I hear/read those lines is to go "but Typhoon's didn't serve in the BoB"   :banghead: Then my brain clicks into gear. I wish they wouldn't re-use old names  ;D ;D

Hang around till 2019, I have a Revell Typhoon sitting here just waiting...............  ;D ;) :lol:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Why 2019? I would have thought that 2018 was a more auspicious date, first of April specifically!

Gondor