WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Still ugly, radials just don't go with DH designs.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 10, 2016, 02:28:10 PM
Still ugly, radials just don't go with DH designs.

Welp, DH did do a number of aesthetically challenged designs.  ;D

http://www.aviastar.org/air/england/a_de_havilland.php

The DH 66 was a real peach, or is that pooch?  ;)

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 10, 2016, 08:30:19 AM
Nice. Agricultural aviation should receive more (whiffing) attention.  :thumbsup:

There was an old Airfix Magazine, in which there were a few conversions on the smaller Airfix airframes; Tiger Moth, Chipmunk.
Beaver would also suit, and IMHO the Revell P-12 could be hacked into an AgCat-alike.

Then there's the NZ Fieldair Dakota:

http://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/17606/photo-thread-douglas-dc-3
Decals available from Old Models Decals... (no connection, but a happy user of them)

FWIW, Cheers

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Possibly even doable (by a better modeller than me) :thumbsup:.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

As soon as I saw that I thought 'That's Stéphane Beaumort's work' and it is.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

That super Mitchel looks really cool, I have looked at Mitchel bombers, the solid nose versions a few times and thought about a turbo prop conversion, and maybe a bubble canopy from something else. Load it up for COIN duties and away you go.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on May 17, 2016, 11:21:29 AM
That super Mitchel looks really cool, I have looked at Mitchel bombers, the solid nose versions a few times and thought about a turbo prop conversion, and maybe a bubble canopy from something else. Load it up for COIN duties and away you go.

Engines from a E-2?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Hmm?! B-25 or B-26 solid nose with early C-130 engines & a B-57B+ tandem canopy, anyone? :blink: :thumbsup:

Styyro

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 17, 2016, 06:00:36 PM
Hmm?! B-25 or B-26 solid nose with early C-130 engines & a B-57B+ tandem canopy, anyone? :blink: :thumbsup:

The picture's a straight mashup of two North American Aviation products--the B-25 (maybe a PBJ, technically) and the A2J Super Savage. The former's no problem to find in 1/72nd; the latter, maybe a bit.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Styyro on May 17, 2016, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 17, 2016, 06:00:36 PM

The picture's a straight mashup of two North American Aviation products--the B-25 (maybe a PBJ, technically) and the A2J Super Savage. The former's no problem to find in 1/72nd; the latter, maybe a bit.

The mash-up/kit-bash I mentioned was just one that, inspired by the picture, my brain came up with while I was looking at it.

Styyro

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 17, 2016, 06:53:22 PM
The mash-up/kit-bash I mentioned was just one that, inspired by the picture, my brain came up with while I was looking at it.

Please overlook my near-fetched tendencies. I recognize that you're batting ideas around, but I always want to start at the very beginning. :-X

Old Wombat

Anigrand make an XA2J-1 Super Savage - if you can justify the expense for a whif.

http://www.anigrand.com/AA2090_XA2J-1.htm

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!