WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

This thread is mostly armour, but there's a lovely aircraft waiting for you if you scroll down: http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1514680317/5+for+me+in+2017

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

It is fantastic.  Although I disagree with the reshaping of the vertical tail as doing so removes some of the essential De Havillandness of the aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I'm with Fred on that, but the rest of it is really superb. What a cracking idea.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

The Schneider Cup Mosquito is awesome  :wub:
The fin modification might cause concerns about practicality and De Havillandness - but it does increase racerness  :thumbsup:

ericr

beautiful indeed

any aircraft can be improved by fitting floats (or a hull)

Dizzyfugu

That looks magnificient - also in combo with the floats and the integrated radiators.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on December 31, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

The Schneider Cup Mosquito is awesome  :wub:The fin modification might cause concerns about practicality and De Havillandness - but it does increase racerness  :thumbsup:

Isn't it a Hornet though?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 31, 2017, 02:43:21 AM

The Schneider Cup Mosquito is awesome  :wub:The fin modification might cause concerns about practicality and De Havillandness - but it does increase racerness  :thumbsup:

The linked page says "Starting point - a bunch of spares and an old Airfix Mosquito. " and "And the result, a 1947 Schnieder Trophy Mosquito ST-3. "

TheChronicOne

Wow, that is nice!! I really like the finish on it.. Not sure if it's just gloss or if the blue is metallic but I like it. Yay civvie stuff!  :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 30, 2017, 10:31:37 PM
It is fantastic.  Although I disagree with the reshaping of the vertical tail as doing so removes some of the essential De Havillandness of the aircraft.

Agreed, plus the canopy could be clearer and detracts a little from my point of view. However I'd be happy if I could get something up that was half as good as that.

Wonderful  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: perttime on December 31, 2017, 03:44:14 AM

The linked page says "Starting point - a bunch of spares and an old Airfix Mosquito. " and "And the result, a 1947 Schnieder Trophy Mosquito ST-3. "

I was with Kit there then had another look. Yes I would say it's a Mosquito, first clue was no carb intakes in the outer leading edges ---

It's a brilliant idea,  although I think I would have gone with a Hornet. Love the idea of putting the radiators in the float pylons.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on December 31, 2017, 03:44:14 AM

OK, but it still looks like a Hornet.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

Gllllorious!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Very cool....  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-