Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: GTX on February 27, 2009, 02:04:40 PM
Sratch Built 1/72 scale Junkers EF132 by Aldo Chetcuti
<...>

^

Sorry, I just wanted to express how much that very cool build reminded me of the Tu-16 "Badger".  ;D Okay, okay, I'll go get my medication. :banghead:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

The Russians "hosted" the Ju 287 design team and had them continue their work after the Great Unpleasantness. Here are some of the A/C that resulted:

http://149.142.139.138/web/pub/Boriss/c6.jpg

I have more pictures that my buddy Igor in Russia scanned for me several years ago. Some of the images are incomplete, but there are some good ones here:

http://149.142.139.138/web/pub/Boriss/

Frank

tanktastic43

Thanks Frank for the pics from your buddy Igor. Some top notch stuff to think about there.  :thumbsup:

philp

Greg,
Saw this one and was disappointed it was a scratch, I want the kit.
Got the Secret Projects German Bombers and some of the art show this in Russian markings and even like it had been developed further, very nice.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Green Dragon

Someone should have a word with Revell about getting a kit of that made!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

lancer

They probably would'nt listen. We sorta bombarded them a couple of yeares ago requesting that they release a seperate modern weapons kit but all we got back was a polite response and that was it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Quote from: lancer on February 28, 2009, 08:45:18 AM
They probably would'nt listen. We sorta bombarded them a couple of yeares ago requesting that they release a seperate modern weapons kit but all we got back was a polite response and that was it.

Be careful about that. Before Hasegawa did weapons kits, they had a good coice of weapons. Once someone expressed that there was a good market for those weapons, they removed them from the kits and sold them seperatly. We could'nt have Revell do the same.

NARSES2

That's right Thomas - sometimes you find getting what you want is not what you want  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

aldo

Quote from: philp on February 27, 2009, 05:16:54 PM
Greg,
Saw this one and was disappointed it was a scratch, I want the kit.
Got the Secret Projects German Bombers and some of the art show this in Russian markings and even like it had been developed further, very nice.

Hi Philip, I don't know whether you are still following this thread but just in case I have some news which might be of interest.  I am Aldo Chetcuti, and it's my model which seems to have disappointed you because it is a scratchbuild.  Well, if you are interested my good friend Marcelo Scaminaci Russo of Antares Models has just released the EF132 in resin and it promises to be a fantastic build.  You can contact him on antaresmodels@yahoo.com.ar.  You won't be disappointed.

Whew!... it's been quite a job registering on this site.

NARSES2

Well congratulations on the model, it is a really superb build  :bow: Thanks for the link as well

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

welcome to the forum Aldo, hoping to see more of your excellent model work in the future too  :bow:

:cheers:, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

SPINNERS

It's a cracker and that large glasshouse canopy is outstanding.

aldo

Thanks for the kind words guys.  Actually that model was intended as an experiment to assess a new softer form of pvc sheeting.  I teach architectural model making at the University of Malta and we try to find the best materials in our small country which we and our students can use.

The canopy was quite a simple thermoforming exercise using fairly thin acetate sheeting and was a breeze to attach. All in all, the whole construction of components took a couple of mornings and a few more hours of sanding.  The panelling and spraying took a bit of time as there is quite a bit of aircraft there.

...and the design of that beauty had been at the back of my mind for quite a while so...

I'm glad you like it.  I have a weak spot for Luftwaffe '46 subjects and will try to post a few shots if I find the time. Hope you will forgive me but I am not very technologically minded and don't do much forums.

Thanks again.

Mossie

A couple of mornings to scratch a beast like the EF132!  :bow: It take me a month to build a HobbyBoss kit! :rolleyes:

Very nice model Pablo! :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.