Sci Fi Whiffs - park them here

Started by philp, June 10, 2009, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Quote from: philp on July 03, 2009, 09:59:14 PM
Here are a couple more.  These from IPMS/Atlanta.

Hey, that's my Flying Sub before it got put on the diorama.  (See my post earlier in this thread.)  I forgot that someone had photographed it and put it on the web when I took it in to a meeting.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Archangel

Quote from: Jschmus on July 04, 2009, 12:31:30 AM
Quote from: Archangel on July 03, 2009, 05:34:04 PM
More of a Luft 46 then Sci fi .
Try and guess the big corporate sponsor.

Looks like Weyland-Yutani, the "Company" that sponsored the colonization of LV-426 in Aliens.

And you are correct. I had someone I know make me the decals for my model. It;s to bad I didn't enter it in this years Wonderfest since "Alien" was the theme this year

Archangel

Here is another one I built a few years ago. The story behind this one is the Klingons wanted a ship tat could stand up to repeated Dominion attacks and still deliver a good fight back at them.

I mated an x-wings nose to the aft section of a D-7 and added greilies to add detail.there are parts of an ALQ-119 ECM pod,parts from an AMT Enterprise,A center console from a car kit,a twizzle stick and an HO scale tank trurret for the bridge.

Here is another one from Wonderfest 2007 that was built by someone else from a D-7 kit.

philp

Pulled this one off of Guntruck.com
He built it for the Twilight 2000 GB Armorama did several years ago.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Archangel

A modified Romul;an Warbird from the old original AMT Star Trek 3 ship set. I removed the engines and replaced them with a pair of 1/48th scale ALQ-119 ECM pods for a newer look. They came from the ESCI weapons set in 1/48th scale.   

Archangel

Another 2009 Wonderfest entry of a modified Klingon K'tinga.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

anthonyp

Sci-fi Whifs?  There's an entire website full of it called Starship Modeler.   ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

philp

Anthony,
Yep, know about them and Culttvman but want to post the non mainstream builds which are more whiff than the Enterprise or Luke's X-Wing.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

More a Techno Thriller but still.

http://www.geocities.com/mobile_modelers/modelfest2002/misc/Misc.table.JPG

also note the WWII prop powered SR-71.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

From IPMS - Phoenix.  Will see these guys at the Nats in 2010:

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Archangel

Quote from: Aircav on August 04, 2009, 12:40:52 PM
Found this monster
http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/aircraft/misc_sep06.htm

I saw that at Wonderfest back in 04 or maybe 03. It was lighted then. Philp. Some of your links are not working..