Sci Fi Whiffs - park them here

Started by philp, June 10, 2009, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Quote from: Archangel on April 24, 2011, 03:21:05 PM
Quote from: dumaniac on April 22, 2011, 07:31:46 PM
Hi Archangel - love the 262-190 thing - I'll add it to my to-do list

looks like a great ground attack craft

With any luck in about 3 weeks I will have more stuff to post from Wonderfest 2011.

Can't wait to see the pics.  One day I will make it there.  Just wish it wasn't across the country.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Just found this on a UK blog for a gamers site.  Display at the Crewe show on the SFM:uk table.

One of the pilots getting interviewed.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dumaniac

The scale of that is just amazing - but it looks modular so it would be easy to transport for displays and the change around

thanks for  the pics

JayBee

Some Sci-FI stuff seen at the IPMS Scottish Championships (also posted in that thread) :thumbsup:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

RotorheadTX

The front end of the red one was a Kaman 'Huskie' helicopter in a previous life.....  ;D

philp

Quote from: RotorheadTX on April 26, 2011, 04:07:17 PM
The front end of the red one was a Kaman 'Huskie' helicopter in a previous life.....  ;D

The build is direct from Thunderbirds.  Used a couple of Testors 1/32nd Huskies and a Monogram 48th scale B-58.  I have a book on the Thunderbirds and they give a breakdown of that build. Just a drawing but almost enough data to recreate the ship.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

anthonyp

I just noticed something about that AWESOME Battlestar flight deck dio.  The Stig is a Viper pilot  :bow: :bow: :bow:

He's on the right side of the pic, third Viper down from the top of the pic.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

arkon

i like the six wheel buggy ! any info ?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Joe C-P

The Doctor and Martha with the Time Machine!  :wub: :thumbsup:
I so wish I'd thought of that.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

CanisD

"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Archangel

Quote from: philp on April 24, 2011, 11:23:47 PM
Just found this on a UK blog for a gamers site.  Display at the Crewe show on the SFM:uk table.

One of the pilots getting interviewed.

Those markings are the ones created by Jay Chladek from Starshipmodeler, for a contest help by a UK website to pick a scheme for a Battlestar with a British theme. Jays design was the winning entry and they made a set of decals for him to put on his viper. They chose the name Excalibur for the ship and the markings are basedon WWII Spitfire roundels from early on in the war. You can see it when you take the very front of the nose stripe and cover half of the end where it starts to become straight. You will see Jays Model at the top of the second picture. It has the American Flag in a shape like the  New England Patriots of the NFL .

philp

The story said they were built by 11 blokes and 1 Yank specifically for this show.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JayBee

Quote from: JoeP on April 26, 2011, 06:51:22 PM
The Doctor and Martha with the Time Machine!  :wub: :thumbsup:
I so wish I'd thought of that.

It was titled "Time Travellers Squared".
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!