Triple Jet Buccaneer

Started by sotoolslinger, June 22, 2009, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

liking the look of this a lot
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Brian da Basher

It's great to see you back at the bench, Ron! I really like where you're headed with your Buc and I vote for the ramjet!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cheering wildly,
Brian da Basher

P.S. If you think this kit is challenging, try a Minicraft airliner.   :banghead:

sideshowbob9

Great concept. Looking forward to seeing this built.  :thumbsup:

QuoteThis is my first Airfix kit   WOW what a POS    The fit is horrible. If I was building this OOB I would chuck it.

*gasps*  Careful, or you'll have Airfix Anti-Defamation League onto you!  Don't you know that "with a little bit of work" it turns into a "perfectly acceptable" Bucc? Wink  Or, furthermore, that its "the only 1/48 Bucc out there".  Good job you didn't say that on BM, or this would be a 7 page slanging match by now....

Wait 'til they get a load of me  :wacko:  I have a lot of pent up rage with Airfix. Don't get me started on A-model  :banghead:

QuoteIf you think this kit is challenging, try a Minicraft airliner.    :banghead:

Except their DC-6 right?  :unsure:  Oh dear.....

sotoolslinger

Hey thanks all y'all ;D :thumbsup: I wondered why I had never seen this kit before. I did not realize it was the only game in town ;D Oh well it ain't the first classic I have committed sacrelege on (and won't be the last :wacko::wacko:
Ram jet it is then. I will be adding conformal tanks to the upper fuselage .Hell it needs a few more curves don't it :o :rolleyes:
I will also be doing something weird with the wing tips so I should be able to get plenty o gas in. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Looking good.  I like the ramjet idea.  But it's going to need lots of gas.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Thanks ED  ;D I always try to take into account where to put the gas and ammo :lol: :rolleyes:
I have the major sub assemblies together :thumbsup: The fuselage went suprisingly well

Note the upper conformal tanks

And tip tanks

The wing roots went together a lot better than I expected

I might face the conformals the other way
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

I'm glad you went with the tip tanks, Toolslinger! You have some serious skill! Your mods always fit like a glove!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

buzzbomb

Conformals and tip tanks.. great way to solve the fuel issue.

Now having a quiet snigger to myself, as having build a couple of 1/48 airfix buccs (and about 10 1/72 jobbies) you are about to hit one of the fit nightmares of the kit.. the intakes.  They either fit flush at the top.. or the bottom.. you choose ;D.

But seeing how well you are going here it seems to be hardly a challenge.

Great work.

BlackOps

Ron, I always enjoy watching the way you puzzle things together. While in progress I always think your nuts but when your done it always looks like it was meant to be!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Te he he........... you would have to be the only person in the world that picks the 1/48th Airfix buccaneer to get over modelers block. ;D

I mean man you could have picked something easy like the Roden He-111 or any Mach 2 kit! ;D

Nice to see you back in the saddle. I am sure your 7th dan Puttyfill skills will be required for this baby. :bow:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

kitnut617

Now this is getting interesting Ron,   :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all I am about to start assembling the major parts, I see what you mean about the fit problems :rolleyes: :banghead: pics later.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

And here we are ;D The intakes are actually not that bad :huh: I have had some Revell Phantoms that were much worse :angry:
I must also say that this is the softest plastic I have ever worked with :blink:....But polystyrene glue works so on we go
Major stuff (almost ) done

New nose on

It fits better up and down than side to side

Heck I knew that and all my builds are putty queens any way :lol: :rolleyes:
The new butt on

Little bit o filing required :thumbsup:
Putty work on the ramjet intake

I amuse me.

The Rat

If it's crap for reality then it's tailor-made for whiffing, kep going!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sotoolslinger

Continuing on now ;D
The bad fit on the intakes

After sanding

Conformal tanks

3rd Jet

New radar

I amuse me.