F-14 Tomcat Whifs

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 23, 2009, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dy031101

The one problem I have with the Osean marking (both in print and in the game) is that since the Wardog Squadron is an OADF unit (under whose banner the main characters technically never operated from any carrier), shouldn't the title on the F-14 have been "OADF" instead of "OMDF"?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Spey_Phantom

i guess so, but the same thing happens in Ace Combat 6.
where Garuda team is part of the Emmerian Air Force, but yet, the Tomcat and the Superbug have "NAVY" tittles on them.
wardog also flew as part of the the OMDF (after they arrived on the carrier OFS Kestrel) before they became the Razgriz  ;D (i got the game to, i played out all the PS1, PS2 and the Xbox360 AC titles)

i got an 1/72 F-14A in the stash, i could make it into a OMDF tomcat  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Some stuff from the ARC what if? thread:

From Glanini:

Profiles from JasonB

From Benjo:

From ChristopherC

From the "old site" (sorry I don't know who built it):

From me:

From Mike Wren:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

By Torsten Anft:

His superb Tomcat Site is here:
http://www.anft.net/f-14/

All done by our Iranian F-14A

By Rafi:

More Here:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20353.0/highlight,tomcat.html

Spey_Phantom

i found this photoshoped picture a couple of years ago on a belgian aviation forum  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

ChernayaAkula

JASDF F-14 in F-2 camouflage:  :bow:  :wub:

Lotsa missiles!  :o

HERE's the gallery of that build with many more pics.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

That is gorgeous thanks for sharing that Moritz  :thumbsup: I thought it would look good in that scheme, but this exceeds expectations!  :wub:

Done by our Maverick, note the new engine exhausts  :mellow:

By my younger brother, Brendan:

By JPVieira:

Taiidantomcat

From Wolfs Shipyards

By Bill Daisley:

nev

Many moons ago on the old, old, old website I did an RAF F-14K in desert pink carrying a recon pod as a Scud-hunter.  I can't seem to find the thread :(  *looks inquiringly in Jeffry's direction*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

One I did a while back for Sauagnmon - a Soviet F-14:

Plus a single seat F-14:

And let's not forget the QF-14:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

here's another Tomcat derivative, the Turbokat  :wub:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: nev on July 21, 2009, 12:48:08 AM
Many moons ago on the old, old, old website I did an RAF F-14K in desert pink carrying a recon pod as a Scud-hunter.  I can't seem to find the thread :(  *looks inquiringly in Jeffry's direction*

I tried looking for that (its a great build  :thumbsup:) along with some of the other F-14 Whifs from the old site no luck though. Love the additions guys, can't get enough Soviet style cats and that TurboKat is downright adorable  :wub: