F-14 Tomcat Whifs

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 23, 2009, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Probably not as much trick as you think - the A-6 and the F-14 share a fair ammount of parts commonality from what I hear, including the wings.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Talos

Since we're all posting Whiffs, I thought I'd post an old project I've been working on-and-off on.

I call it the F-14NG (Next Generation), three new-build F-14 models intended to replace the Tomcat in a similar way as the Superbug did. The F-14E is the single seat version, the F-14F the two-seater, and the EF-14G the two-seat delta wing EW/tanker/ASuM/ASM/etc version. The redesign includes the extended wing gloves from the Tomcat 21, all new forward fuselage, digital avionics, new radar, new engines, extended rudders, dorsally-mounted CFTs, and various other updates.

I've posted these before, in my thread, but I think you all will enjoy them here too. These are rather old, and I need to update them sometime.

EF-14G

F-14E

F-14F

Taiidantomcat

Thanks Talos! Was looking to add yours and some more of Bagera's stuff as well.  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Talos

I have plenty more where that came, Taii. I almost didn't post them, but decided to in the end. That's only a tiny sampling of the variety possible with my F-14NGs, there's plenty of components and configurations possible.

Wolfman

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 23, 2009, 10:16:26 AM
Tomcats :wub:

Are the Ace Combat Tomcat images yours, Taiidantomcat?

Taiidantomcat

No, I found them on some Ace Combat Forums not sure who the Artist is  :huh:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Wolfman

Darn! They're the best friggin' Tomcat images I've ever seen!

Spey_Phantom

ive got the Ace Combat games at home to (AC4, 5, 6 & 0, all the tomcat schemes in there look fantastic, especially the Zipang scheme in AC5  :wub:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Another one on ARC:

1/144 F-14D in cool camo:

More HERE.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

Michael Bay would be proud  :mellow: :

coops213

Sweet thread! Taiidantomcat already posted my Wild Weasel F-14G. Here's another Tomcat whiff I did, a Vietnam war F-14C (1/144)

Chris (aka ChristopherC)

Wolfman

I don't think the Air Force would alter the nose gear on the Tomcat that much. They certainly didn't with the A-7 Corsair II.

Aircav

May be the wheel fell off  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

Certainly looks good with that sharks mouth on it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

In keeping with OverKiller's idea:

Fixed wing:

Lots of bombs!

Not a what if but an interesting NASA cat: