F-14 Tomcat Whifs

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 23, 2009, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

You guys forgot my F-14I Super Alicat!

Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Rafael

My F/A-14W forward swept wing fighter. Only folds its wings for stowage, and unfolds them fully forward for flight.

Warload: (Centerline rear-2 SurfBoard Hypersonic Missiles)

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Captain Canada

Some beautiful stuff in this thread....thanks ! You know what we need ? A single type GB, and I nominate the mighty Tomcat !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

Nils beat us to it  :thumbsup:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25194.0.html

And to Rafael and Sauragnmon, sorry I didn't get those up sooner! Thankfully there are a ton of F-14 What ifs out there and I am still finding a bunch all over the web. Thank for posting them they are some of my favorite F-14 What Ifs.  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Yeah, the Tomcat's the kind of bird that Begs for whiffage.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Weaver

Sponsored warbird suggested by your's truly for the Under the Influence GB:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Might it be an idea to merge this thread with the Tomcat GB thread?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

martinbayer

I haven't figured out how to post images on this board yet, but this link takes you to a concept of an F-14 as a reusable first stage for a small satellite launch vehicle proposed by the late Len Cormier of the now defunct Panaero, Inc.: http://web.archive.org/web/20070519031526/tour2space.com/archives/f-14lv/f-14-st.htm

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Weaver on July 22, 2009, 04:50:43 AM

I'm kind of hoping we can keep it separate so folks can keep adding to this one  :cheers: Nice Tomcat Weaver!

Welcome aboard Martin, great find!

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 22, 2009, 09:01:58 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 22, 2009, 04:50:43 AM

I'm kind of hoping we can keep it separate so folks can keep adding to this one 

What's to stop people adding to it if it's merged?  :unsure:

- Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Guess you are right  :mellow: I was just thinking that a lot of GBs ideas seem to go away if they aren't picked quickly, didn't want this to go by the wayside-- but you are right Weaver  :cheers: :cheers:

dy031101

Putting JP Vieira's stepped-cockpit F-14 and part of Sauragnmon's Super Alicat together...... stepped-cockpit F-14 with Russian-origin upgrade?  :cheers:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Taiidantomcat

That sounds brilliant DY!

This has been proven to be a photoshopped pic of an Iranian F-14 in soviet service (perfect for us whiffers)

A flightsim skin:

This is not a What If? but it is certainly rare and thought folks would enjoy it. This is the Theif of Baghdad by Oishi from ARC:

More here:
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=171439&hl=Tomcat

The real jet:

From Damian:

Again not a Whif but a real head turner (I'm including these with the idea that they may trigger other ideas, as Whiffers we tend to feed off each others imaginations):
Vandy One:

More Here:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/101-200/walk185_F-14/walk185.htm

Sauragnmon

Damn, Thief of Baghdad looks wicked!

Vandy One, Always sexy as hell.

Soviet F-14 - not quite a Pure whif, considering the Iranians sold the Last of the Tomcats they received to the Russians, in exchange for some support.  Tomcat 72 I think it was, got sold to the Russians who evaluated it thoroughly.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on July 22, 2009, 01:05:28 PM

Soviet F-14 - not quite a Pure whif, considering the Iranians sold the Last of the Tomcats they received to the Russians, in exchange for some support.  Tomcat 72 I think it was, got sold to the Russians who evaluated it thoroughly.

In that case i might have posted more Real world pics than Whif  :drink: