F-14 Tomcat Whifs

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 23, 2009, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Those are nice!! Love the 3 engine tomcat! I had the idea a while ago of stacking an extra engine on top of the regular engines like a lightning  :mellow:a while back...need to do that!

Spanish F-14 by SPINNERS

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

I dunno, I think the low-mounted wing with the big side intakes, the Vigi-Cat, looks pretty cool too.  "So a Vigilante and a Tomcat walk into a bar..."
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

If you ever wondered what an F-14 would look like in Russian/Soviet markings the US Navy was nice enough to show us:

Courtesy of Fightertown Decals, Acig, and M.A.T.S.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

Something I did from the game Homeworld, A Taiidan Tomcat  :ph34r:

Taiidantomcat

Another RW but rare Tomcat "Camel Smoker"

And another Thief of Baghdad with Camel smoker in the backgound:

Taiidantomcat

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

Taiidantomcat

Taiidantomcat

elmayerle

Okay, with all these whifs, has anyone done a profile of a F-14 in "raspberry ripple"?  I'm looking for one 'cause I intend to do a model of a prototype Anglo-French Tomcat FGR.2 in that scheme with FAA/RN markings on one side and Aeronavale (sp?) markings on the other.  It's essentially a re-engining program with both the UK and France being very unhappy with TF30 performance.  The winning engine was a RR/Allison/SNECMA Spey 300 (essentially an afterburning RR/Allison TF41 with input and design help on the afterburner and nozzle from SNECMA (as well as some assitance based on their experience with the TF30 and its variants).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Scooterman

jorel62

elmayerle

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin