Pics of my new project...

Started by matrixone, June 23, 2009, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Wow - that's excellent work - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Eddie M.

Outstanding work! Bob Ross is alive and well and working through your hands. ;D
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thank you JimB, Weaver, and Eddie!

JimB,
Not sure what you mean, I always use the JPG format. I could e-mail some of the pics to you if that is what you need.

Here is one more in-progress pic from today. The grass field was painted on, six different colors were used to paint this area on the backdrop but the extra effort paid off. It was getting dark when this pic was taken so the colors are not that visable.

Here are two test pics...I just could not wait to see what this backdrop would look like in action so I grabbed a model off the shelf and one of my photobase sections and took a couple pictures. The colors look pretty strange because the light was too low to take effective pictures.

In my hurry to try and get this project finished today I dropped the spray nozzle to my Iwata Revolution BR and could not find it, thats just great...I lose one hour searching for the spray nozzle (never found it) and did not get my project finished! :banghead:

The backdrop should be finished before next weekend.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Stunning - I could swear those clouds are moving  :bow:

And Jim just "right click" on your mouse and save on your hard drive.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Matrix, what I meant was could you post a good image of the backdrop, preferably with no real backdrop to the backdrop showing, so that people like me, who can not paint a picture like that to save their lives, could balatantly copy it. Get it printed at a suitable size to use as their backdrop for photos.
I sure as H*ll would appreciate it.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Brian da Basher

Your backdrop is just stunning Matrixone and I especially like how luminous it looks in the black and white shot which makes it that much more convincing.
:bow:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Guys!

JimB,
I am not finished with the back drop yet but when I am I will get a good picture of it and post it.

Tonight I did some more work on the backdrop, this time I attempted to add some snow to the mountain tops but it is a very slow process and I am not happy with the results so far so I put it away and will try again later this week. Painting scenery is not quite as easy as I thought it would be...like building models this activity requires practice to get acceptable results. :blink:

I am more than ready to get back to my airplane models, at least I know how to paint them!

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

And you're showing-off too !  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Thanks Ian!

After trying to paint some snow on the top of the mountains I think I went too far and ruined this backdrop, I should have quit when I was ahead.
I will post the sad results of my painting mishap later this week. >:(

More bad news for me...I tried to get another spray nozzle to replace the one I lost on my Revolution BR only to find out Dixie Art has none available and the next shipment of parts is still on the boat from Japan and won't be here for another two weeks.

Speaking of airbrushes...my backdrop was painted with two airbrushes, the Badger 150 and the Iwata Revolution BR. Most of the clouds were painted with the 150 but everything else was done with the Revolution BR and after spending so much time operating the BR I really have grown fond of it and found it able to spray wide areas and was also able to get some narrow lines with it too. Whats not to like about this airbrush? :wub:

Matrixone

cthulhu77

sequoiaranger

I could have sworn that yesterday you had several pics of an Me-410 and a couple of Bf-109's in front of your new backdrop here on this thread.

[EDIT]  Oh never mind! I see there is a separate thread for the completion ("Backdrop is Finished")! My bad.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

matrixone