what fun could we have with this

Started by PanzerWulff, June 24, 2009, 07:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I spotted this Nifty kit at Pegasus hobbies and am Definatly gonna grab one or two for whiffing

http://www.pegasushobbies.com/prod%20scifi%20apollo%2027.html#
Looks like A fun one to me  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

frank2056

Quote from: PanzerWulff on June 24, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
I spotted this Nifty kit at Pegasus hobbies and am Definatly gonna grab one or two for whiffing

I have this kit, as well as the Area 51 UFO and the two War of the Worlds kits (1/144 and 1/48). They're nicely made and a ton of fun; they're effectively snap-tite kits and can be built in 5 minutes. The "Apollo 27" just begs to be modified - it's almost as if the kit is a blank slate.

The plastic is ABS, so some popular model cements won't work with it. But Tenax will.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: PanzerWulff on June 24, 2009, 07:18:04 PMI spotted this Nifty kit at Pegasus hobbies and am Definatly gonna grab one or two for whiffing

Quote from: frank2056 on June 24, 2009, 07:35:27 PMI have this kit, as well as the Area 51 UFO and the two War of the Worlds kits (1/144 and 1/48). They're nicely made and a ton of fun; they're effectively snap-tite kits and can be built in 5 minutes. The "Apollo 27" just begs to be modified - it's almost as if the kit is a blank slate.

The plastic is ABS, so some popular model cements won't work with it. But Tenax will.

The four pods surrounding the model would certainly be useful for creating "strap-on" RATO units for other model aircraft.  Perhaps a quick solution to a future ZELL project?  Even that main fuselage could be put to use as one giant RATO unit on the right model aircraft, or we could see another WHIF LSR GB in the near future and you can add some wheels (with spats) and make your next LSR contender a "snap" finish ;^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

There must have been a GB thing going on at Wonderfest with this kit.
Here are some pics I found at Starshipmodeler.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

thedarkmaster

I like this so very much, jusy checked it out on the Hannents web site, its in stock so .......................can i get it past the wife ?
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

TsrJoe

JC. Carbonel did a brilliant French Air Force one too over on his Modelstories site, def looked the part  :wub:

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PanzerWulff

I was thinking of making an anti Alien Space Fighter out of it myself it has that retro comic book look to it.Give it some Lazers or missiles and it's ready to go UFO hunting ala Gerry Anderson style
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

nev

Isn't that the one that Nick was building amidst much heckling advice at the SIG meet?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

Great find thanks for sharing that!  Nice pic Jeffrey, excellent variety and what is that Green ship with the Red stars? :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Nick

Yep, I've got this and may well get another soon! Think it will do for the Soviet build at Telford.

Radish

I thought JC's French one looked the business.
Other options could be:

RAF
Finnish
Iraqi
Luftwaffe
Space Pirate
etc..........
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Archangel

I was at wonderfest this year and I thought that those kits were all entereds by one person. I could be wrong however.

Sisko

Like the rocket ships but that Soviet one in the background is fantastic!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Quote from: nev on June 25, 2009, 09:20:58 AM
Isn't that the one that Nick was building amidst much heckling advice at the SIG meet?

It's amazing how modeling at the meet almost became a spectator sport wasn't it ? Maybe we should sell the rights to Sky, after all if they can televise British University Netball (according to my sad mate)  there up for anything  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

philp

Quote from: Archangel on June 25, 2009, 06:55:56 PM
I was at wonderfest this year and I thought that those kits were all entereds by one person. I could be wrong however.

You are probably correct (except for the neat Martian camo version).  Maybe done as a collection entry or something.  Haven't seen anyone over at SSM or Culttvman claiming them.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies