Main Menu

Nimrod MR2

Started by JayBee, June 29, 2009, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Quite a stunner, and using the swizzle stick as the basis for the MAD boom is truly inspired!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Great stuff and I remember that Hemp one at Perth, nice model as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

I had to look at this thing several times just to click that it is a WHIFF :blink:
I really like this very much, as I have a soft spot for maritime patrol birds, I just don't have the room to store the bigger ones when built.
Excellent stuff :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Nice one Jim!  ;D

I'm on a snail speed hotel line and it took for ever to download the piccies but it was WELL worth the wait, superbly done.

Robert, you've got three 1/72 scale Vanguards? Where the devil did they come from????
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2009, 03:21:09 PM
Robert, you've got three 1/72 scale Vanguards? Where the devil did they come from????

They are made by Gene Hooker who owns the Classic Air Line Logos decal company.  They are vacuforms and although they look really clean they are very basic, you get just the airframe, plus Gene was selling them with Trans Canada Air Line decals but the last I heard he had run out of the sheets.  You get a couple of clear windshields too made out of acetone (I think) but there's no u/c, cockpit details or props.  He also does a very good 1/72 C-133 too, I've got one and it's been said it's the best and it helps that you can get the Jerry Rutman detail set for it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 30, 2009, 03:51:36 PM
They are made by Gene Hooker who owns the Classic Air Line Logos decal company.  They are vacuforms and although they look really clean they are very basic, you get just the airframe, plus Gene was selling them with Trans Canada Air Line decals but the last I heard he had run out of the sheets.  You get a couple of clear windshields too made out of acetone (I think) but there's no u/c, cockpit details or props.  He also does a very good 1/72 C-133 too, I've got one and it's been said it's the best and it helps that you can get the Jerry Rutman detail set for it.

Robert,

Gotcha, I have some Gene Hooker decals but didn't know he did vacforms as well.

Sound like you need a couple of Heller Breguet Atlantics for all the missing bits then?  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow, what a beauty, Jim ! Love the weapons load....very convincing !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rafael

Jaybee, the plane is great, but the front shot did it for me. I'm in love!!! :wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2009, 04:02:11 PM
Robert,

Gotcha, I have some Gene Hooker decals but didn't know he did vacforms as well.

Sound like you need a couple of Heller Breguet Atlantics for all the missing bits then?  :lol:

Well I ended up getting some 737 u/c from Combat Models as they seem to be about the same size plus Aeroclub do some Britannia props and after studying some photos of both the Vanguard's and Britannia's I found they arevery similar, Vanguard props are smaller in diameter too so room for reprofiling.

Shasper

Looks like the lovechild of the Orion & Nimrod . . . freakin sweet!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

GeorgeC

Genius. Simple as that.

McColm

Hi,
I love that model. I wonder if the new Airfix Nimrod would mate with the Revell P-3 or Atlantic. I'll have to save up my pennies for the mating of the rotordome of a E-2C and the Nimrod. I've often wondered what a four engined Atlantic would look like.
Thanks for the inspiration.

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on July 24, 2009, 05:17:27 AM
Hi,
I love that model. I wonder if the new Airfix Nimrod would mate with the Revell P-3 or Atlantic. I'll have to save up my pennies for the mating of the rotordome of a E-2C and the Nimrod. I've often wondered what a four engined Atlantic would look like.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Possibly the Atlantic as it has a similar cross section to the fuselage, the P-3C is all round though which seems to me to be bigger than the Nimrod's (going from memory of the ones I have as they're all boxed up at the moment)

lancer

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on June 29, 2009, 02:21:34 PM
Quote from: thedarkmaster on June 29, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

great concept and a great model........

What he said ! :thumbsup: - brilliant work Jim !

Ian

Well, I never saw this beauty first time round for some infathomable reason, but it looks bloody brilliant., Even if it does look a tiney bit lke the P3 Orion though.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

FAR148

Talk about bring a new level of cool to ASW!

Very Cool
Steven L  :wub: