Work Stand with Magnifying Lens. Tamiya #74064

Started by Jeffry Fontaine, June 30, 2009, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

This would be ideal for any modeler that can afford it or for the modeler that suffers from limited work space. 
Found while looking for something else at eHobbies.com

Tamiya Work Stand W/Magnifying Lens! Featuring a large acrylic magnifying lens with 2X magnification has 6 white LED lamps are installed just behind the magnifying lens. Powered by four D batteries you will have more than 150 hours of perfect white light. The lens and light are mounted on a handy adjustable arm which is connected to the work base.  A work space specially designed for modelers featuring:

• Frame on the base designed to perfectly fit an A4 size Cutting Mat
  • 5 clip holders on both left and right sides
  • Decal tray to be filled with water and used when applying decals
  • Back board to prevent parts from flying off when cutting away from sprues
  • 4 bottle holders that are specially designed to fit Tamiya cement, acrylic paint and enamel paint bottles
  • 3 paint brush holders and a handy carry grip for easy mobility.

Although specially designed for Tamiya modelers, this handy work place is perfect for any type of fine work requiring good light and clear vision. From all types of arts and crafts such as carving, painting, embroidery and beading to handy everyday uses, the possibilities are truly limitless. Model and tools not included.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Weaver

Thing with that is: do you want all those things, in that relationship to each other, all the time? For instance, I sometimes use an illuminated magnifier, but it spends 90% of it's time pushed away at the back of the bench: I don't really want it permanently hovering over the area where I'm working. Same with paint/cement/decal water etc: I bring them close when I need them, but then put them firmly out of elbow's way when I dont...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

What concerns me most is the price.

Yowch!!!!
:angry:
Brian da Bashe

Jeffry Fontaine

Hence, the caveat:
QuoteThis would be ideal for any modeler that can afford it or for the modeler that suffers from limited work space.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg