Bristol Freighter

Started by Weaver, July 01, 2009, 09:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Quote from: zenrat on November 25, 2016, 12:38:22 AMAirfix really need to go and LIDAR a Bristol Freighter and then knock out a nice new 1/72 kit.
They should come downunder for a few subjects, the one in my photo would be a good candidate. And make my own conversion build with resin bits redundant (you're welcome).
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

kitnut617

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 27, 2016, 11:54:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 25, 2016, 12:38:22 AMAirfix really need to go and LIDAR a Bristol Freighter and then knock out a nice new 1/72 kit.
They should come downunder for a few subjects, the one in my photo would be a good candidate. And make my own conversion build with resin bits redundant (you're welcome).

There's one at the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskawin Alberta, and I've got a few photos I took of one which is a gate guard at Yellowknife Airport in the NWT
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

There's one up the road form me at the Australian Aviation Museum at Moorabin.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I never saw the one at Wetaskawin. I looked for it tho ! I'd love to see one "in person" My Grandfather had some shots from Baden, not sure where they are now tho.....A couple of them ended up in Larry Milberry books.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dogsbody

Here's a pic of the Wetaskawin Freighter, as it was in August, 08.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

kitnut617

And they flew it to the Reynold Museum's (which was an old airbase)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Cool ! Thanks for the pic ! We toured around there darn near 20 years ago now....wow time flies ! Who knows if we'll ever be back with the state of this oil patch..... :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

I think the one in dogsbody's photo was the last Freighter to fly. Something I would love to see, although just a taxi is pretty cool.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates