Sisko's latest stuff

Started by Sisko, July 03, 2009, 05:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well it is done. I wanted it finished before I went away this week.

Today I did the panel lines and the weathering. Had a litttle problem with the decals. They are thin........a bit to thin. Had some issues with them breaking even after a liberal flat coat.

The landing gear was a bit uneven and required a bit of trimming to get them right.

Otherwise finished and very happy with it.

Next is my Luft 46 missile.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Cobra

Super Cool,Sisko :ph34r:  Great Markings and Concept! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Ed S

That is a really good looking model.  Great paintjob and realistic weathering.   :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Eddie M.

Sharp looking bird. I'm always glad to see your work on display. ;D
Look behind you!

BlackOps

I've been thinking about picking up an HB aircobra or two, this is probably going to get me to reach for my wallet. Looks very cool all finished up. Did you weight the nose or just glue tires down?
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Cheers It's nice that people liked it. Must be the lighting but the weathering looks amplified in the photo's.

I normally forget to put the nose weight in, so I was pleased with myself that I remembered this time. Fat lot of good it did me. I weighted the nose down as much as I could physically fit in there but it wasn't enough.

I mean the model is an easy kit so it really dosen't give you much opportunity to fill it with weights. Anybody building this will probably have to glue it to a base. Unless you have access to depleted uranium then maybe you will have a chance. ;D

So as it was a tail dragger I had to improvise at the last minute!

The base is some sandpaper glued to a square of plastic and then I glued the model to that. :ph34r:

buzzbomb

Neat Scheme and well executed.

General Zod

Good job Love the Leman  Russ  :thumbsup:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Sisko

It took forever but I finished my cruise missile.

It's not my finest work but considering how bad it was (the kit) it's a miracle it didn't get binned. This doesn't boad well for me as I have many of the special hobby Luft 46 kits in the stash. If this one is so bad then what are the rest like?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway pics below.

matrixone

Sisko,
Great job on the Heinkel missile! :thumbsup:

This Special Hobby of the Heinkel is one of the good ones, there are some of their earlier kits that are even worse.

Matrixone

Sisko

Thanks man!

Egads that was the better ones! :o

Brian da Basher

Most excellent, Sisko! I bet I'm not the only one smacking their forehead and saying "I wish I'd thought of that!"

Brilliant!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Sisko

Well it certainly has been a while since I posted something.

Been very busy lately which has kept me away from modelling. But I'm back behind the desk and nothing makes me happier.

I apologise in advance that the models I am posting aren't whifs but I hope you like them anyway.

First model is the Tamiya Desertised Challenger II which was my build for a club group build "The Best of British". This was my favourite tank and this group build gave me a good excuse to build it!

Finished in Tamiya acrylics and weathered in pastels.

Sisko

Next is the Games Workshop Shadowsword. This is a very big kit and certainly not the cheapest but they are amazing fun to build and give endless scope for modification.

In this case the modifications  I added include extra stowage and fuel capacity as well as a shield for the main gun.

I really went to town on the weathering because they are meant to be ancient war machines in service of the imperium of man.