6 wheels, evenly spaced
21 (42.9%)
6 wheels, unevenly spaced
27 (55.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: July 18, 2009, 06:24:34 AM

ysi_maniac

Please give me your opinions and comments :mellow: :ph34r:
Will die without understanding this world.

srkirad

second photo - 2 wheels in front and 4 wheels "grouped" at rear end - definitely look as the best combination in my opinion!
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Ed S

Quote from: srkirad on July 08, 2009, 06:41:23 AM
second photo - 2 wheels in front and 4 wheels "grouped" at rear end - definitely look as the best combination in my opinion!

Definitely this version.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Yup, 6 wheels unevenly spaced.  :thumbsup: What have you got in mind for markings? The whole idea has a certain Latin American flavour, methinks.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JayBee

Nah. Six evenly spaced wheels - a Super Saracen APC.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

I agree, 6 evenly spaced, looks more like an armored car than an uparmored truck.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Just call me Ray

Whichever way you choose, maybe it would be a good thing to understand why wheel configurations exist as they do.

Just like with tracks, it's about the distribution of ground pressure, but unlike tracks you have to keep in mind what's above as well as what's below. Heavier parts of the vehicle, like parts sitting under turrets, will need more wheels underneath which is how you end up with unevenly spaced configurations if you don't have enough room for 8 or more wheels. If the CG is pretty much right in the middle, or otherwise pretty evenly distributed, then the wheels will be evenly spaced.
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Sauragnmon

Just like ray said, it's all about weight distribution - looking at the design, the way it's engine forward, turret mounted, it looks like the arrangement would be nose heavy in order to keep a troop capacity of some small measure, I vote for even spacing.  That and it looks more businesslike.  If you were to go with the uneven space, it'd look more wicked as a half track.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

I like the four-wheeled version even if it's not the best option from an engineering perspective.

Maybe go with four wheels of a larger diameter?
:unsure:
Brian da Basher

apophenia

Six wheels evenly spaced. As mentioned, the uneven spacing may be better for weight distribution. But not for tractability. The Canadian AVGPs were an example of the uneven spacing layout and they all got bogged easily as a result -- the turreted Cougar worst of all.

puddingwrestler

Of the proposed arrangments, I got for uneven six. The even six does not really seem to fill the spce. For an even arrangement, I'd be going up to eight wheels, right next to each other.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

buzzbomb

I reckon 8 !!
Plus go larger,with a wider wheel base... looks a tad top heavy

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 08, 2009, 01:25:21 PM
I like the four-wheeled version even if it's not the best option from an engineering perspective.

Maybe go with four wheels of a larger diameter?
:unsure:
Brian da Basher
Utterly Original :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

chrisonord

Why don't you make an M113 MONSTER TRUCK :wacko:
You you know you really want to :rolleyes:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

thedarkmaster

Personally i think the even 6 is the beat of the three as it looks less like an armoured truck, but i think 8 wheels closer together would be the best of all as it will make it look less top heavy and more military.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz