I don't mind Hyperscale, but some of the people ...

Started by jcf, July 08, 2009, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chap

Sounds like a Fokker Dr.I Group Build is in order!

~Steve

philp

Quote from: Chap on July 09, 2009, 06:41:43 PM
Sounds like a Fokker Dr.I Group Build is in order!

~Steve

Seconded.

Martin, you ought to post your Pink version on there and ask him if it is close enough.  Heck, maybe he will send you a kit or two that you can Whiff.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Hmmm, wonder what the German for "Purple People Eater" is?  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: B787 on July 09, 2009, 02:50:41 PM
If anybody has a Fokker too many, and is willing to donate it, contact me please! I dont mind building obscure little scales, horrible old 1960s kits, horrible Aurora and Starfix kits etc, nor do i mind if it's a revell snap tite :thumbsup:

Thomas PM me your address and you can have my Revell 1/72 scale one. I've moved to 1/48 : 1/32 for WWI stuff

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 09, 2009, 06:37:34 PM
<...> (flown by the Brown Baron von Scheissehaus) <...>

When in France he fell in love with and married Comtesse de la Bidet. They lived on Schloss Wasserklosett. 

Quote from: Weaver on July 10, 2009, 01:08:40 AM
Hmmm, wonder what the German for "Purple People Eater" is?  :wacko:

Purpurner Menschenfresser:thumbsup: Always glad to help!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

QuoteSounds like a Fokker Dr.I Group Build is in order!

Yep.  I like it enough that I'll pull the OWGB off that line and put it into this idea.   

Daryl J.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on July 10, 2009, 01:08:40 AM
Hmmm, wonder what the German for "Purple People Eater" is?  :wacko:

Purpurner Menschenfresser!  :thumbsup: Always glad to help!
[/quote]

Excellent - now all that needs is making up into a decal in a nice gothic script...... :wacko:

All together now: "It was a three-winged, two-gunned, flying purple people-eater....."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

raafif

Tri-plane ??  Nah ,  BORING !!

Build the Fokker V.8 quintuplane
just more proof that Dick Dastardly & Mutley defected to Germany  :blink:

you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

NARSES2

Quote from: raafif on July 11, 2009, 06:14:33 PM
Tri-plane ??  Nah ,  BORING !!

Build the Fokker V.8 quintuplane
just more proof that Dick Dastardly & Mutley defected to Germany  :blink:

Now I always thought they legged it to the States after the Armistice ?  ;D

I've seen a few quintuplanes but never that one - thanks for sharing

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Weaver on July 10, 2009, 12:41:04 PM
All together now: "It was a three-winged, two-gunned, flying purple people-eater....."

Funneeeee!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

raafif

Ja, Ja !  zey did go to ze US after ze War -- as stunt pilots for Hollywood -- it vas on Howard Hughs "Vings" zat zey first worked (in ze most memorable scene), crashing ze zame Gotha bomber zat zey flew in 1917.

But zey vere originally English (Mutley haz some Irish Wolfhound in him).  Zey defected ven Dastardly vas appointed to 666 Sqdn flying ze Supermarine Nighthawk

instead of ze neu Sopwith Wingaflapter fighter (no photo available).

He vas sure Germany would let him fly fighters zo, stalking a Zeppelin over London, he decided to follow it (his crew could tell you zat, being vun himself, he vas naturally attracted to gasbags).  He vas alvays villing to lie & cheat to vin and Germany had ze best aircraft !!
Germany did offer him to fly ze Funf-Decker Fun-Fokker above but he chose to fly Gothas in or der to bombe ze Air Ministry out of spite.  :wacko:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

NARSES2

;D ;D ;D

I've always loved the Nighthawk - design by committee  :wacko:

sideshowbob9

Quotea Raspberry Ripple SE-5 (ok mine had a radial engine, enclosed cockpit and spats...)

Love what you did with that!  :wub:

Joe C-P

Wouldn't it be Luft '19 instead of '17?

OK, a lighter-carrier launched version, or a floatplane, as a scout for the German High Seas Fleet. Another raid in late 1918 with Seydlitz converted to a Furious-like semi-carrier results in the first carrier vs. carrier battle between Furious, Vindictive and Argus against Seydlitz and a couple zeppelins.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.