Sad news - passing of Gary Allum, aka HOG

Started by Supertom, July 10, 2009, 11:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanktastic43

Such a sad loss to his family in real life and to "the family" on this site.

Rest in Peace HOG.

tt43.

Geoff

Sad news - my condolencies to his family - RIP Gary.

NARSES2

I was deeply shocked when I heard. At least I had the pleasure of meeting Gary for just a few minutes at Hendon and was able to tell him personally how much I admired his amazing talents.

Sadly missed, rest in peace

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Very sad to hear this news, especially of someone with years ahead to look forward to.

Kerrillc

I am saddened by this news, I saw the build he made from the inhaler and that was great. Will there be a commemorative GB in his memory? And can we make make a donation in memory of HOG.

My heartfelt condolences to his family. It is true you know the great ones go too young.

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Dork the kit slayer

R.I.P  "Hog".   Deepest sympathy to his family.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

chrisonord

I am stunned to hear of this tragic loss, although I never met HOG in person, I feel that I have lost a good friend here.
His work is a true inspiration to us all and I think we as whatiffers, should do something to immortalise his work.
I send my deepest condolences to his family, R.I.P. HOG you will be missed.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Chap

Such a sad loss for the world, people with such creativity are dwindling; he will be missed. My condolences to his family.

~Steve

Mossie

That's hard.  I'll miss his modelling & his sense of humour.  Enjoy that great model shop in the sky Gary, & the deepest condoloncies to his familly & all that knew him.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

Not only a sheer genius at the modeling bench, but also a gentleman who would always lend helpful advice. I will really miss him terribly.

Rest in Peace, Sir. 

Greg

PanzerWulff

I'm gonna miss HOG I loved his work and I think he will fit in well in Heaven with god They bolth are great Whiffers (Hey look at the Platapus if that isn't Whiffery I don't know what is!) with a great sense of humor.Gary often made comments and compliments on my work and ideas,We'll all miss his unique style
Godspeed and Good Journey Gary
Chris

Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

John Howling Mouse

That's just sad on an entirely odd level.  I guess I just take for granted that you guys will all live forever.  I really shouldn't.  I didn't know Gary beyond some PM's and his work shown on this site but he seemed to be a very multidimensional fellow with incredible talents in a variety of areas.

To his family, we grieve with you.  Hope you realize just how talented Gary was and how much we looked up to him in awe of his abilities and knowledge.  The What If family will do our humble part to help you keep his memory alive.  Please take very good care of his scale model artworks.  We consider them quite the treasures here.

Barry "JHM" Snell
Canada
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

frank2056

It's very sad to hear about Gary. The work that he showed on this site was awe inspiring in its creativity and execution. He really was an artist and he'll be missed.

Frank

Sisko

I logged on this morning to check out what I'd missed in the last couple of days and was greeted with this sad news.

My condolences go to his family and friends in this difficult time.

His work on Diorama's is for me reference material that I will fall back on time and time again. He was also someone who shared a similar outlook on modelling as myself, and many here. That it is a hobby to be enjoyed and apperciated not overly examined and critqued.

As a fellow Sci-Fi fan I am sure he would understand and appreciate when I say that although that he has "gone to the sea" he will live forever on the net.

I can think of no more fitting tribute.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Shasper

I'll be another feller to say I only knew Mr. Allum by his posts here & his handywork, but by what little I knew of him I can say he was a fantastic individual and a superb modeller who's work I could only dream to match one day. People of his caliber are hard to come by, and he will be sorely missed.

Hog, hope you're finding your new modelling bench fully stocked & ready to go.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.