S

Various Pics

Started by sideshowbob9, July 11, 2009, 06:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sideshowbob9

Hi all! I've been asked by a few peeps to put up some pics of my WIPs, just to prove I do actually model! Forgive the low quality of the pics as the camera went u/s this morning and I was forced to use my phone camera. They should be enough for you to get the idea.

First up is ChernayaAkula: Here's proof of my RF-4 with IRIS-Ts & KEPD-350s. Unfortunately all but one the IRIS-Ts have gone walkabouts!  :banghead: I'll have to hunt them down sometime.

Next is tigercat2: Here's my IV-2220 Corsair. It's probably not a perfect match but it's suggestive enough of the -2220 I think.

sideshowbob9

Next, for Damian2's benefit is what will become his SAN F4U. It has an "experimental" contra-prop as I needed the 4-bladed prop for my Sea Beaufighter (see below).

sideshowbob9

Lastly, we have a random selection of my WIPs:

Weaver

Good pics Bob - is that Vengeance the Special Hobby one? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could keep us posted on it, since I've got one to build and I'm a bit daunted by all the resin and PE.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Very nice work sideshowbob! I especially like your Corsair whiffs. Looks like you've also got quite an arsenal of glue too.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

thedarkmaster

There's some good stuff being worked on, looking forward to seeing the end results.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2009, 06:27:21 AM
Good pics Bob - is that Vengeance the Special Hobby one? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could keep us posted on it, since I've got one to build and I'm a bit daunted by all the resin and PE.

It's an old Frog one I'm afraid. I have a MPM Fairey Battle in the stash and a few WIP Valoms, all with quite a bit of resin and I' was fairly daunted myself! My advice is to just take a deep breath and take the plunge but remove any swearboxes from earshot!

I'm actually quite proud of the Vengeance. It didn't come with a horizontal tail so I managed to find a spare which fitted quite nicely! It also fits the aesthetic of the Vengeance so let that be a lesson to always maintain a healthy spares box!

Quotequite an arsenal of glue

Most of them are almost empty but I wanna eek out every last drop!

Thanks for the support guys! Modelling can be frustrating sometimes but its always nice to know you are not the only one in the boat!  ;D

JayBee

Hey SSBN,

I like the look of your swept-wing Skynight, where are you going with that?

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Sauragnmon

Some very interesting birds in the works there, Bob - I noticed the arse end of a Valkyrie - where's that one going to go?

I agree, it is so very frustrating, but there's a triple reward in this forum especially at times:

1) you come to find you're not alone in your insanity of Whiffing.
2) you find you're not the only one who gets frustrated to hell with projects.
3) you find vindication in your efforts when people post compliments on the work.

Sometimes, #3 is the only thing that can keep me going on a project, so don't give up - the projects are looking very cool indeed - the long-nosed Corsair is quite interesting, as are the others.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Lots of interesting stuff there! :thumbsup: Really like the armed RF- 4 (armed recce FTW! ) and the Corsairs.  :bow: The modified B-58 looks pretty cool, too!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Damian2

Oooh can't wait to see more of the SAN Corsair :) Shall I do up a contra prop for you??
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

sideshowbob9

QuoteI like the look of your swept-wing Skynight, where are you going with that?

It's gonna be a USN attack derivative in all it's hi-viz glory as part of my De-Laos-ed Group Built. Long story short: the U.S. decides to remove Laos from the Vietnam situation '64-65ish. The USN sends in the carriers with suitably WHIFed equipment. Planned so far are:

Douglas F3D-4B Skyknight
Fairchild AQ-1Q (or SQ-1Q) Gannet ECM Bird
Martin A2M-2 "Salty Cranberry" (B-57)
McDonnell Douglas F3H-5P (RF-101 Sea Voodoo - incorparated into the F3H family for "book-keeping")

All of the above will have the following as campaign nose-art:  ;D

QuoteI noticed the arse end of a Valkyrie - where's that one going to go?

Plain ol' USAF in the current B-52H scheme I'm afraid. Much like a painting I once saw.

Quotearmed recce FTW!

QFT!

QuoteShall I do up a contra prop for you??

That would be cool if you could.  ;D

Thanks for the words of encouragement peeps. As Sauragnmon says up-thread it does help keep you going!

John Howling Mouse

When I see a stash on the go like yours, I hope the modeler wins the lottery so you can wind up with all the free time and resources you'd ever need to complete them all.  Very cool stuff going on at your place!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on July 11, 2009, 07:59:09 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2009, 06:27:21 AM

It's an old Frog one I'm afraid. I have a MPM Fairey Battle in the stash and a few WIP Valoms, all with quite a bit of resin and I' was fairly daunted myself! My advice is to just take a deep breath and take the plunge but remove any swearboxes from earshot!

I'm actually quite proud of the Vengeance. It didn't come with a horizontal tail so I managed to find a spare which fitted quite nicely! It also fits the aesthetic of the Vengeance so let that be a lesson to always maintain a healthy spares box!

Well I never noticed thatthe tail was non-standard so you made a good choice!  :thumbsup:

Now you mention it, I notice that your Vengeance has two rear guns: just about the only thing wrong with the Special Hobby one is that it only has one, but as luck would have it, that suites me just fine....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tigercat2

These really look good; the IV-2220 Corsair should really be something!!

Wes W.