Panzer IV mit Rheintochter AA Missile - Finished

Started by buzzbomb, July 12, 2009, 02:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

Weaver

Outstanding - whiffing and knitting all in one!  ;D :thumbsup: :wub:

That's got to be one of the maddest looking missiles ever, hasn't it?  :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

BlackOps

Some great work on this one.  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to seeing this after it gets some paint on it.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

frank2056

It looks great! Is that a yarn-guided missile?

Sauragnmon

Damn you, those were the needles I had sitting in the stash for the event something actually got to me that deeply!  What have you done?!?!? Oh, the humanity!!!

Well... I guess... I'll have to look for something else to retire to then, as this is just too damn cool to argue with too much.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

buzzbomb

Gee Thanks guys.. great feedback.
I still have a bit to do and waiting for the weather to warm up at least a bit before I can hit the paint booth.

Oh and thanks for the link
Quote from: GTX on July 12, 2009, 11:19:24 AM
Top notch work! :thumbsup:  Similar vein to the Panther profile drawing I did a while back here.

Regards,

Greg

Even more goodness and light in there.

Give me a coupla weeks and we should be all good for a finished posting

Cheers and Thanks again

MarkH262

WOW!!  :blink:  That get's my vote! :thumbsup: That is great!!  :cheers:

lancer

Brilliant. Love the look of the missile. Have an entire battery of these and they'll knit together to form one hell of an AA blanket!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

AeroplaneDriver

Wow!  That's Flying-monkeys cool!

Beautiful work.   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

General Zod

Awesome looking missile tank Is the missile a short range tactical type,or more of a SAM missile?  :drink:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

GTX

Quote from: General Zod on July 18, 2009, 04:47:04 PM
Awesome looking missile tank Is the missile a short range tactical type,or more of a SAM missile?  :drink:

SAM - see here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

buzzbomb

Well 98% finished.. still waiting for some dust and stuff on the running gear, but could not wait to get it posted here.

So here we go

Once I got on a roll with the painting it just come together

The finish I was after was trying to show an older hull, modified to the AA TEL (Transporter Erector Launcher) standard. That is why there is two distinct shades of yellow. Couldn't resist a bit of chipping though.

For the missile I was trying for a modular type of paint finish where different shops doe different bits and they are then assembled. I am pretty happy with the way it come out.

And the big DOH !! from the pictures.. I have not painted the vision slits.. that is why pix are good... they show everything !!

See what you folks reckon

Cheers Brian T

Cobra

Well Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is a Cool & Super sweet Model!!!!!!!! Anything as Cool Planned?????? :cheers:

Maverick

Superlative stuff BB.  It looks like it was a mainstream kit that's been well engineered.

Regards,

Mav

MarkH262