Embraer EMB-312 Tucano, Short Bros. Tucano T.1 (S.312), & EMB-314 Super Tucano

Started by upnorth, May 14, 2006, 12:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

The canopy of the T-6A/PC-9 is probably close enough, (if you can find a kit of that as well!), you might need to paint in the forward part of the frame though.  L&M do a resin kit in 1/72, but I don't know about a 1/48 version.  If your careful, you could trim out the spare vac canopy for your ALX & still have one left for the PC-9 kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

Well, the T-6A has the four-bladed prop and close to the correct exhaust shape (not surprising, both the T-6A and the EMB-314 use PT6A variants of similar power).  If you can find T-6A and EMB-312 kits in the same scale, you should be able to do an EMB-314.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

kitnut617

Earlier this year I picked up an Aeroclub PC-9 in 1/72 with the intention of converting it into a Texan II.  I'll have to have a look at it to see what the differences are once I get the kits all unpacked again (which could be a while yet).  It will go nicely with the Airfix Tucano I've got.

BTW Aeroclub do a nice white metal set for the Tucano, two types of props and exhausts are included.

Robert

Edit:  I'm wondering if Llama Models might have a kit of this, they do have a website but I can't connect to it right now.  Llama Models can also be got through Aviation World (Toronto) if anyone is interested.

Edit II:  here's the website -- http://llama84.tripod.com/ -- they do a 312 in 1/48th
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

Edit II: here's the website -- http://llama84.tripod.com/ -- they do a 312 in 1/48th

Robert,

Thanks, but I have already looked at Llama Models (and indeed referenced it above).  Unfortunately, they don't do a 314, only the 312.  As I said though, that might be what I start with to create a 314.  Though, it wouldn't be a small job - the 314 is a larger bird than the 312 - see the link to the pdf I posted above, especially at the top of page 5 which includes a profile comparison of the two.

Regards
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

GTX

Tucano (EMB312)/Super Tucano (EMB314) comparison for folks:

Regards,

Greg

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 23, 2008, 07:19:51 AM
Trip7, I think somewhere on this forum, but it could have been on ARC, there was a YouTube video of a Super Tucano intercepting a drug smuggling aircraft and shooting it down with it's guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib15_IGDO0c&feature=related
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Not sure who was looking for a 1/48 scale Super Tucano but there is a paper-card model of it in 1/40 (which could be easily scaled using a simple graphics program) available from here: http://paperinside.com/super-tucano/

Here are some of the pictures of the completed model:

Hard to believe its made of paper, really.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

If the Pistonator GB ever comes to pass, I'll be doing a "de-evolved" Shorts Tucan with a piston engine, Meteor NF.11 canopy and green/brown-over-trainer-yellow colour scheme.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: rickshaw on July 09, 2009, 03:32:21 AM
<...> Hard to believe its made of paper, really.

Absolutely!  :thumbsup: I have nothing but the utmost respect for these cardboard model builders.  :bow:

Regarding the load-out in those pics: Do the Brazilians really arm them with Sidewinders? Or at least consider it an option? Or is that a whif? :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 09, 2009, 07:20:19 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on July 09, 2009, 03:32:21 AM
<...> Hard to believe its made of paper, really.

Absolutely!  :thumbsup: I have nothing but the utmost respect for these cardboard model builders.  :bow:

Regarding the load-out in those pics: Do the Brazilians really arm them with Sidewinders? Or at least consider it an option? Or is that a whif? :lol:

They don't arm them with AIM-9Ls (if that's what the things in the picture really are) but they do arm them with MAA-1 Piranhas, which look like short AIM-9Bs. One of the Super Tuc's jobs is downing drug-running aircraft as per the video I posted earlier.

- Indiana Jones

ElectrikBlue

Mossie

Nice!  An inline might be easier to shoe-horn onto the Tucano, I think a Gypsy Major might work well?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

Quote from: Mossie on July 10, 2009, 03:10:50 AM
Nice!  An inline might be easier to shoe-horn onto the Tucano, I think a Gypsy Major might work well?

Perhaps a development of the Gipsy Major 215?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.