Made In China

Started by Sauragnmon, July 15, 2009, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

If we're lucky Trumpy might have a go, they got to the J-10 pretty early, before it was 'official' IIRC.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

Trumpeter do like to play to the home market as it were, so I wouldn't be surprised either if they went down the J-XX route.  Another sexy beast for them to release it seems.

Regards,

Mav

Henry Yeh

Quote from: dy031101 on January 01, 2011, 06:53:19 PM
Then came the question as to how much we understand how well the F-35 does its job.  We know its maneuverability is better than that of a F-16...... but by how much?  Is it "insignificantly better" or "better to a new level"?
With T/W of 0.87:1 (inferior to that of AIDC F-CK-1), F-35 is NOT more maneuverable than F-16. The F-35 performs its specific missions brilliantly well when performing as part of US armed forces or US-lead international coalition, but if some fools that do not enjoy all these supports (Taiwan, Egypt, Thailand, Indonesia, to name a few) mistakenly believe F-35 could replace their F-16 in every role (including as interceptors), then I have to bowdown to LM's PR team.

Maverick

That's a big can of worms you're opening Henry.  There are plenty on here & in the larger community who think the F-35 is some kind of uber-fighter, whereas some take a slightly more realistic view of the type and its capabilities.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quote from: Henry Yeh on January 06, 2011, 11:10:23 AM
With T/W of 0.87:1 (inferior to that of AIDC F-CK-1), F-35 is NOT more maneuverable than F-16. The F-35 performs its specific missions brilliantly well when performing as part of US armed forces or US-lead international coalition, but if some fools that do not enjoy all these supports (Taiwan, Egypt, Thailand, Indonesia, to name a few) mistakenly believe F-35 could replace their F-16 in every role (including as interceptors), then I have to bowdown to LM's PR team.

Go on, tell your next joke.

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: GTX on January 07, 2011, 10:48:22 AM
Quote from: Henry Yeh on January 06, 2011, 11:10:23 AM

Go on, tell your next joke.

Greg

Agreed with Greg, even if that stat was true... Maneuverability isn't everything. I know that sounds like blasphemy to many of you, but its the truth.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

dy031101

Let's continue the F-35 debate here:cheers:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Henry Yeh

To tell the truth, many (if not most) Taiwanese are cheeering for the J-20 as if this was "their" achievement. Might as well get some for ROCAF. :rolleyes:
How much would 50 J-20 cost?
20 for air defense (with secondary strike capability).
20 for long-range interdiction (with secondary air defense & conversion training tasks).
10 for recce/SEAD.

dy031101

Quote from: Henry Yeh on January 07, 2011, 04:37:14 PM
To tell the truth, many (if not most) Taiwanese are cheeering for the J-20 as if this was "their" achievement.

That is kinda crazy  :banghead:

But oh well, since a successor to the F-CK-1 just isn't anywhere in sight......  :banghead: :banghead:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Henry Yeh

New engines, in case you plan on making a 3D CG model.

Henry Yeh

GTX

I like this view more

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Army of One

At last.......!!!!! Some more pictures of flying Chinese hardware....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

rickshaw

Interesting intakes.  Obviously follows on from the JF-17.  I assume the shape helps with stealth.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.