Made In China

Started by Sauragnmon, July 15, 2009, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dy031101

Quote from: Jschmus on July 16, 2009, 10:51:09 AM
These "Fantan" attack fighters appear to be sitting on the deck of a ship.  Is this the former Varyag?

It's on the former Minsk, which I think is still parked in Shenzhen.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

NARSES2

I'm on a tour of China in October. On my free day in Beijing I'm hoping to get to the Chinese AF museum and the PLA museum as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Nice Tu-4 AWACS picture  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Interesting stuff for sure! :o Some rather wild camoes!  :wacko:

The pic of that Fishbed Saur posted had me puzzled. I didn't know the Chinese operated the later-model Fishbeds. Apparently it's a prototype for a Fishbed updating programme.
The camo is rather cool. And in conjunction with the factory-fresh finish it reminded me of a model. So I used an online tilt-shift photography programme (CLICKY!) to enhance the miniature-like effect and came up with this. Very nice model complete with scratch-built factory display room diorama! :wacko:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Geoff

IIRC the PLAAF operated the J-7IV (J-7D) which was an updated copy of the Mig-21M/MF in small numbers as a "nightfighter" in 15th Division. But it wasn't successful. I have seen pics of them in overall grey and a green/brown/blue scheme.
The Chinese obtained an Egyptian Mig-21MF in 1979 which was reverse engineered as the J-7C. There were problems with the avionics/powerplant, and the upgraded version was the J-7D.

Geoff

Geoff

ChernayaAkula

Thanks for the heads-up, Geoff!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Geoff

Geoff

J-7C (Chinadefense.com)

Geoff

J-7 (Chinadefense.com)

Geoff

Another one (Chinadefense.com)

Geoff

again (Chinadefense.com)

I'll stop here! Sorry.

Sauragnmon

Don't worry about it, Geoff - the thread was meant as a central repository for all images Chinese Military - much like the One Stop Soviet Shop thread in this forum.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.