Made In China

Started by Sauragnmon, July 15, 2009, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Thanks for that info.  Wasn't aware of the changes to the Chinese emblem.

Regards,

Mav

rickshaw

Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 29, 2010, 12:16:31 PM
Too bad nearly all of China's allies are piss-poor 3rd World despots. I don't think any of them can afford this babe. We probably won't see it with foreign markings.

I would suggest that it may potentially see export to the following nations:

Pakistan
Peoples' Republic of North Korea
Myanmar

Remember, the PRC does not always expect cash in return for its goods...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Henry Yeh

PRC could afford to give away free J-7 and Q-5, but not this.

Fulcrum

Quote from: rickshaw on December 29, 2010, 05:44:34 PM
Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 29, 2010, 12:16:31 PM
Too bad nearly all of China's allies are piss-poor 3rd World despots. I don't think any of them can afford this babe. We probably won't see it with foreign markings.

I would suggest that it may potentially see export to the following nations:

Pakistan
Peoples' Republic of North Korea
Myanmar

Remember, the PRC does not always expect cash in return for its goods...
Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 29, 2010, 08:08:25 PM
PRC could afford to give away free J-7 and Q-5, but not this.

But in whiff land, it's the thought that counts.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Henry Yeh

Sudanese J-20 before & after the partition? I'm partial to Sudanese desert camo. Maybe South Sudan will adopt some form of jungle camo? Iranian J-20 (to replace F-14)? What about Libya?

Fulcrum

Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 29, 2010, 10:34:28 PM
Sudanese J-20 before & after the partition? I'm partial to Sudanese desert camo. Maybe South Sudan will adopt some form of jungle camo? Iranian J-20 (to replace F-14)? What about Libya?
Those are good possibilities(though for Sudan, it would be after it's 2011 partition/separation).
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Henry Yeh

OK, here's an idea:
After Southern Sudan's separation, Juba feared armed re-conquest by the north. As usual, the US supplied such lame items as M113, UH-1, & C-130. Russia & Europe demanded cash payment upfront, so those are no-go. Then China offered official recognition, if Southern Sudan would let China have first pick on its oil. Along with the oil deal came a generous arms package at discount price. And since Northern Sudan was in the process of acquiring some advanced version of Flanker, the south requested the best there is: J-20.
Much of Southern Sudan is lush forest, so the camo scheme is either Lizard or green + gray.

Fulcrum

Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 30, 2010, 03:28:28 PM
OK, here's an idea:
After Southern Sudan's separation, Juba feared armed re-conquest by the north. As usual, the US supplied such lame items as M113, UH-1, & C-130. Russia & Europe demanded cash payment upfront, so those are no-go. Then China offered official recognition, if Southern Sudan would let China have first pick on its oil. Along with the oil deal came a generous arms package at discount price. And since Northern Sudan was in the process of acquiring some advanced version of Flanker, the south requested the best there is: J-20.
Much of Southern Sudan is lush forest, so the camo scheme is either Lizard or green + gray.
That's a good idea.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Henry Yeh

I would love to see a green stealth fighter, but reality gets in the way. The paint used by stealth fighters needs to have at least some radar-absorbing property. Which means 3rd world customers can't just splash on some home-grown generic green paint. Unless, of course, CAC is business-minded enough to develop radar absorbent paint in different colors other than those specified by (& paid for) PLA.

Or the hell with reality, this is whiff.

rickshaw

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: rickshaw on December 31, 2010, 05:46:41 PM
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-311210-1.html

I like this phrase from above link:
This design outperforms the F/A-18E/F and F-35 JSF in every important respect.

Wow! What an in-depth, to the point analysis - gleaned from a few grainy pics leaked to the net. 
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Interesting to note is that it seems to also feature DSI inlets, notice the hump on the inside edge in the side view shots.  I question whether the engines are indigenous as the images of WS-10 engines had them with a fixed outer covering and flexible internal panels like the Spey's afterburner.  Looks like they've applied some of the learning from the J-10B study with DSI.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

rickshaw

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 31, 2010, 07:59:03 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on December 31, 2010, 05:46:41 PM
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-311210-1.html

I like this phrase from above link:
This design outperforms the F/A-18E/F and F-35 JSF in every important respect.

Wow! What an in-depth, to the point analysis - gleaned from a few grainy pics leaked to the net.  

I think you'll find that there is a lot more than just a few photos on the net about this aircraft.  Its existence has been rumoured for years and Chris Mills isn't one to over-react.  When one considers that he's talking primarily about electronic systems as a measure of performance, you might like to reconsider your conclusion about the article.

Henry Yeh

I concede J-20 will fly circles around F-35 (which is nothing more than a stealthified Su-17-class "terrorist buster"), but F/A-18E/F? Sorry, ain't buying it.

rickshaw

Quote from: Henry Yeh on December 31, 2010, 11:36:47 PM
I concede J-20 will fly circles around F-35 (which is nothing more than a stealthified Su-17-class "terrorist buster"), but F/A-18E/F? Sorry, ain't buying it.

He isn't actually saying that, if you read it.  What he's pointing out is that the J-20 will be able to approach undetected to the point where the F/A-18 won't be able to make effective use of its primary weapons.