Main Menu

Fintastic

Started by nev, February 22, 2004, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-32

The Tamiya flesh is much better the desert pink, I used it on my Buccaneer and it came up a bute, much easier to weather as well.

Looking good, keep the shots coming.

Geoff_B

Typical !!!!

Hi Nev

Check out Hannants, it looks like a Blackbox update set is about to be released for you Fin !!!, Typical that they do that after you have started to build the thing !!!!! - Murphys Law i suppose.

Cheers

Geoff B

Supertom

Hey Nev, maybe you could do a Scale-O-Rama out of those tanks!   :lol:  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

Geoff, that cockpit set is a tenner more expensive than the kit!!!  :huh:

A decent set of references would be much more valuable to me than a resin cockpit set.  The belt on the bang seats aren't up to much and theres no sidewall detail, but otherwise the kit cockpit is pretty good :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Latest.  All the stores are finally done.  It must have taken me 10 hours just to decal them all.........

The Sky Shadow pod is missing its port fin, Mrs Nev dropped something on it and I haven't found it yet to glue it back on.  I may have to scratch a new one out of card.

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Shot from another angle.  As you can see, I've started on the cockpit.  Once that is done, construction should progress rapidly as the wings etc are already built.  I can see there being a fair bit of filling and sanding though.

nev

Front & rear fuselage now constructed.  In this photo I've just placed them together, but as I write, they have just been glued together and are drying.  The plastic is quite thin & feels a bit brittle for this scale, so I am worried about the strength of the whole thing.

Whilst leaving that to dry, I've started working on the undercarriage.

nev

The cat is dangerously close to the model here......

Once I started on the fuselage, it got very big very quickly.  Now it is a satisfactorally hefty size.

I like the chunkyness you get in 1/32  :)

The rear fuselage is silver where I've sprayed the airbrake bays - I'm posing them open.  The wings/tailplane have been given a dusting of white primer to check the joins for gaps.

John Howling Mouse

Wow, this is looking more impressive with each upload.

Can tell you're being extra meticulous about this one.

Certainly don't trust the look in the eyes of that feline, though!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

QuoteThe cat is dangerously close to the model here......

I doubt you have to worry about the cat, nev....judging by the size of that Fin, I'm sure the cat would have second thoughts about tackling such a beast !

Looking good, Bro !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Fintastic Nevvie!

I watched an old Scrap Heap challenge this morning and they built a sub out of a Hindenburg tank!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

nev

lol, I can belive it, they are ginagerous!  :lol:  

nev

Do I look like a Tornado yet?  Do I?  Do I?  B)  

nev

Check out the size of my fin baby  :P

nev

You can barely make it out here, but the detail in the jetpipes is excellent  :tornado: