Main Menu

Fintastic

Started by nev, February 22, 2004, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

How come that cat always manages to get in a photo?  :ph34r:

The Tornado is a very box-shaped plane which means there are lots of flat surfaces to join, and lots of little steps to sand down  :(  However most of that is now done and can start adding all the little extras to the main body - IFR probe, arials etc.  I'm also continuing to work on the undercart, not helped by the fact that the locating tab on the main gear is a different shape to the locating slot in the undercarriage bay  :angry: Other reviewers have mentioned this, so I know its not just me  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

QuoteHow come that cat always manages to get in a photo?  :ph34r:
Tell me about it !

We were catalogueing our family videos the other day, you know, kids and stuff....and in every single one, no matter where we are in the house, there's the cats, doing 'cat type' stuff !

And the Mighty Fin is looking good, Nevster !

Just about to settle in with a pint and watch the first period......go Nashville ! :wub:  Pretty tight game yesterday, eh ?

And did you see my buddy Tucker ? Three shiners in one game !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Nice Fin NEv!

Can't wait to see it finished!!

:wub:  

John Howling Mouse

Yep, keep up the progress and please keep the photos coming!

^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gary

It is so neat to watch the progress of a build like that.

Getting back into modeling

WeeJimmy

Great Tornado! Thumb up :D  

NARSES2

Nev. Little question, where the hell are you going to put it ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

In my (converted) loft.

And you should see the size of the diorama base I've got planned for it!!  :o  :o  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

QuoteAnd you should see the size of the diorama base I've got planned for it!!  :o  :o
What you planning on using - Rutland ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

nev

Well, the main painting is now done & she looks resplendant in her artic camo scheme  :wub:

I've taken piccies, but I'm having problems re-installing the software for my digicam (we recently upgraded to XP) but rest assured when I do I'll put em up here.

Tonight I want to try and finish off all those annoying little bits that need painting with a dab of paint.  Hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to start glossing.

The funny thing is, I've been working on her so long now, that she no longer seems so huge.  I was checking out my 1/48 mossies yesterday and they seemed so tiny  :D  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI've taken piccies, but I'm having problems re-installing the software for my digicam (we recently upgraded to XP) but rest assured when I do I'll put em up here.
XP?
Oh God-----there's goes your peripherals.

I had it loaded on ours, for about a week.  Had so much trouble trying to get any of the older stuff going and was instantly hit with so many dormant Trojans that I had to reformat!

Hope you have better luck, Nev, so we can all see your latest pics (bloody tease you are!   :P )

nev

Well, I've found the problem with the digicam - the drivers are not compatible with XP  :angry: So now I need to ring the manufacturers and get them to send me the disk with the drivers on.....

And I'm still painting all the fiddly bits..............and finding more and more little bits that need touch ups.

Oh, and I had a "mishap".  I dropped the model on the table  :o  Chipped a bit off the port wing tip (needs a bit of milliput) and the fin/fuselage join cracked........................................The fin is still in place, but not by much.  Right now I haven't got the nerve to break it off, sand the joins, reglue it then repaint and respray it.  It just seems like sooooo much work for such a little thing.  Of course, if I dont do it we all know the fin will hang on, then break off just after I've finished the model  <_<  

Geoff_B

Hi Nev

If your camera is USB then XP should be able to pick it up directly as a USB drive and offer to load the pictures to your n"My Pictures" directory. I get the feeling you'll be taking lots of photos for the next few years but mainly of juniors progress.

So if you damaged the Fin (sorry to hear about that) what damage did the Fin do to the table!!!! ;) .

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

John Howling Mouse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Not your big Tornado?!

Fix it, quick!  

As for your camera, go to the manufacturer's website and look for a free XP-driver download for your make and model.

Friggin' Windows Bill Gates crappy XP: upgrade this you rotten bastards--- in your face with your pushy little "we want to know what you look at on the internet" just re-boot and/or re-format as soon as our system cakes on you...

...oh sorry, was that out loud?