Main Menu

Fintastic

Started by nev, February 22, 2004, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Thor - it sees the digicam is there with the USB, but it won't connect to it.  As for the drivers, they're not on the web - well they are, but they don't work by all accounts.  I ain't d'load a 5 MEG file using my 56k line if it won't work!

As for the fin.  I ran a bit of liquid glue along the join and it seemed to stiffen it up a bit.  I still have a big crack on the white bit though.  I might try brushing a smidgen of white paint along it to see if that hides it a bit better.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

Hi Nev

Have you tried going to the Control Panel and selecting scanners and cameras. Then plug in and power up your camera.  (What make & Model is it BTW ?) as XP might be able to work with it directly. If it can see & read your smart media then it should be able to process your photos.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

John Howling Mouse

Geoff's got a good point.  Did not work with my crappy old SanDisk reader, though.
Hope you're more fortunate, Nev.

There are four other options I can think of:
- buy a new reader that is compatible with your digicam's card media AND XP;
- there is an option in XP to emulate older versions of Windows for software you select (now, does anyone remember exactly where that was, again?  Control panel?);
- you can partition your PC to incorporate multiple operating systems.  This is something IT pro's often do to keep their OS separate from the rest of their software and to utilize several different OS's simultaneously in order to overcome exactly the kind of limitations Billy's latest toy has imposed on your PC.  One guy I know has two versions of Windows AND the old OS-2!
- you can ditch XP and go back to what you had (I did).

I'm clutching at straws here, Nev, for purely selfish reasons since what I really want is to see your pics (Tornado and "Junior")!!!!!!!!

;)  :)  :blink:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Decalling has commenced.  All the roundels and squadron markings have been put on and she looks sweet!  I wish my camera was working so I could show you guys!

Just got about 900 stencils to put on now  :(  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Have you noticed that your thread here has received some 771-plus views, Nev?!

Wow----make sure you get us all some pics, eh?!

Can't wait!  Can't wait!

:)  :)  :)  

nev

Well, we went the whole hog and bought a "proper" digicam yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have figured out how to use its bazillion features by the end of the day and I'll be able to post some shots for you.

NARSES2

QuoteWell, we went the whole hog and bought a "proper" digicam yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have figured out how to use its bazillion features by the end of the day and I'll be able to post some shots for you.
If my experience is anything to go by more like a week to a month - and you'll never figure what all of them are for !

But then I'm getting old in the tooth and grey in beard !

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWell, we went the whole hog and bought a "proper" digicam yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have figured out how to use its bazillion features by the end of the day and I'll be able to post some shots for you.
Can't wait, Nev!!

More Pics!   Giddy-UP!!!  Pics!

Ollie

What kind of digicam Nev?

I want a SLR next summer!!!

B)  

nev

The camera is a Sony Cybershot 3.2 Megapixel DSC-P72 with a x3 optical zoom.  A mate at work got one (but w/out the optical zoom) and he was very impressed with it.

Now, I could've spent my Sunday and Monday off reading the manual & figuring out how to take piccies to post here.

Instead I decided to spend my Sunday and Monday off putting all those stencils on my Fin  :tornado:  and now the decalling is complete!!!  :party:  :party:

An hour ago I sprayed the 1st coat of matt varnish on the topside.  A couple more coats of varnish then its just a case of attaching the undercarriage, ariels and lotsa little blobs of paint here and there.  About a weeks work hopefully.

Now, I could be really cruel and not post any photos of it and have it as a surprise when it suddenly appears on the front page one day..............

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNow, I could be really cruel and not post any photos of it and have it as a surprise when it suddenly appears on the front page one day..............
Don't MAKE me come over there...

^_^  

Aircav

I want a SLR next summer!!!

B)
I want one now be the stupid goverment band them  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ollie

Ahem, I'm talking about a digital reflex camera, not a weapon!!

B)  

nev

Well construction is all but complete.  As I write she's lying on her back on the kitchen table and the glue on the Hindenbergers and wheels is drying.  All I have left to do is stick on the airbrakes & a few ariels and she's done!  :tornado:

1 major problem is the nose gear though........

I did read about it in a review, but the nose sits far too high and looks all wrong.  Instead of pointing slightly down, it points slightly up.  At this late stage I would cut part of the oleo leg out and re-attatch it, but I fear that the join would not be strong enough to support the weight of the model.  What I should have done is shaved a few mm off the top of the leg where it goes into the gear bay.  In the unlikely event that I build another I'll know what to do!

I may still post a trailer as it were before I send the article to Tom/Ollie........

:tornado:  :tornado:  

John Howling Mouse

Do what I would do:

Buy a whole new kit for that one strut; remove the first strut and fix the height on the replacement strut the way you want to.

Then, you get to build the second (the new one) kit up as an in-flight mode!!!!

Believe it or not, this twisted thinking actually seems to work with MY wife, bless her vibrant naivete!