Main Menu

Fintastic

Started by nev, February 22, 2004, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

In the words of the Lord Jesus Christ,

"IT IS FINISHED!"

Yep, put the last dab of paint on this arvo and just figured how to take piccies with my new digicam, so I figured it was only fair that I give you guys a quick look at how she turned out.

So without further ado, here she is in all her glory  :)

:tornado:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Hehe, SUCKERS!  :P

That is a Revell 1/72 Tornado ECR that I taped together for a size comparison between the 2 kits.

Like here with little 72nd boy hiding under the wing of Big Bruv

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Here we have Pee Wee compared to Mr Big

nev

I remember Baz asking for closeups of the undercarriage bays, so here we go.

The black wash was achieved using JHMs patented "black acrylic in future" wash, and I reckon has the desired effect.  Thanks for the tip Baz!  :cheers:

The Desert Pink 1500lt tank was painted a base coat of Tamiya flash over Halfords grey primer which had blobs of Maskol on it - Maskol was removed following painting to reveal "original" camo underneath.  The brown wash was done using Tamiya Flat Brown in Future.  I probly overdid this a little ( I forgot to wipe away the excess  :dum:  ).  Still it has that heavily weathered Desert Pink effect I reckon

nev

Close-up of that nosegear.  I think that decal on the front bay doors might actually belong in front of the gear bay.  Ah well  :dum:

nev

nev

Last one.

Tom/Ollie should receive the article in the next week or so, once I've figured out how to use my camera better & written the article

Ollie

Super neat Nev!!

Good show!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  

Mike Wren

looks ace Nev  :wub:

the decal on the nose door is a doppler navigation antenna (or something like that)

NARSES2

Looks great Nev - to big for me though, I'll stick to my 1/72's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

F-32

Lovely job Nev.

Where the hell are you going to put it! :blink:  

nev

In the (converted) loft  :tornado:  

John Howling Mouse

[ speechless ]
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Okay, now that I've caught my breath:

Wow, Nev---fantastic work!  Would be an admirable accomplishment just finishing such a monster kit (I mean, really,  how many of us tackle such subjects in 1:32 and actually get them done?) but you've done much more than that.

From what I can see from your rather teasing "marketing" style shots, you've really pulled this off!  And your washes are far better/more realistic than mine.

Realizing how big this bird must be, I'm still holding out that you'll be able to step back far enough to get the whole Tornado in camera view for your article.   ;)

Can't wait for more pics and, for Fin's sake: keep the kid, wife, pets, etc. away from your masterpiece!!!!  No more broken parts, eh?

Way to go, Nev!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Thanks Baz.  Are those gear bay piccies OK for what you wanted to see?

With my nice new, very intelligent, digicam taking piccies of the beast should be no problem.

And I am pleased that I finished it

a)  Cos I proud that I stuck with it through the 4 months it took to build it - 4 months when I worked on no other kit

B)  Cos I can now finally build something else!