Main Menu

Fintastic

Started by nev, February 22, 2004, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

The things on the inboard pylons are the Hindenburg droptanks  :P so she has four fuel tanks in all  ;)  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

QuoteLUV the four different coloured tanks!

:wub:  :wub:

Can I steal that idea when I do mine in 1/72?
Thanks.   Yes feel free to do the same (hell, its not like I could stop you even if I wanted to  :P  ).  I got the idea looking at photos of RAF Tornados which regularly carry drop tanks with mis-matched colours.  When Tom publishes the article you'll see the whole story, but my Tornado has just been flown to Japan to participate in a war in Korea so I figured do it in ferry config and then I do can all 4 RAF colour schemes on the drop tanks.

Jschmus - Steve is correct, those are 2250 lt "Hinderbergers" on the wings and 1500lt tanks under the fuselage.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

great stuff nev, really great!  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Woah !

Look at the size of that mother-fecker !

Holy fleurking schnitt !

:wub:

Great job too, Nev.....love the big Hunter as well. And those tanks....really neat idea !

:wub:  :wub:

PS-and not to be too superstitious, but you've broken the chain of 'cats included' photos !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Thanks Todd, but the cat is in one of the in-progress shots a few pages back if that counts  :ph34r:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Wow, that's impressive!  Say, where does this huge baby sit on display, anyhow?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Quotebut the cat is in one of the in-progress shots a few pages back if that counts  :ph34r:
Alright.....now I'll have to apologize to the folk who were working on the hex.......

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.1

Quote......As I write she's lying on her back on the kitchen table........
:tornado:  :tornado:
You know..I really should read these threads in sequential order..not pop into the middle like I just did......One can get an erroneous impression some times!!!!

Alvis 3.1

Alvis 3.1

Oh..and.....dayummm! NIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!

:tornado:  :tornado:

Alvis 3.1

nev

QuoteSay, where does this huge baby sit on display, anyhow?
For a while she sat on top of the freezer in the kitchen, but that was too precarious a position.  Now she sits in the loft, but she's too big for my display cabinet so she's on the bench along with a couple of other models under a light-weight dust sheet (the kind of thin paper that flat pack bookcases and the like come in)

And thanks for the kind comments Baz and Alvis  :)