JASDF JAS-39 Gripen in anti-shipping role

Started by ChernayaAkula, July 18, 2009, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

I was looking through Google trying to find pics of launches of the Japanese ASM-2 to see what it looked like immediately after launch (smoke plume and all that), but couldn't find anything. Anybody have pics of an ASM-2 launch?

What I did find and had to share was this very cool build of a JAS-39 Gripen in Japanese service.  :wub:

More pics can be found at THIS LINK.

If I see it correct, even one of the ASMs (on the inboard starboard pylon) was whiffed. There are a couple more fins and sensor fairings. SLAM-version off ASM-2? Cool!  :wacko:

EDIT: Hmmm, sometimes the pic works, sometimes not.  :unsure: At least the link works.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gary F

Hi Moritz,

That was kind of nice ... thanks for posting.

Gary F

Sauragnmon

A very interesting design - Yes, the inboard missile is whiffed, I think with a stretch of a second ASM-2 to get the forward control surfaces.  I like how he did the vectored thrust paddles, very interesting.  I envisioned the Gripen as an interceptor to back up bigger fighters, like the second JASDF fighter I'll be doing, I think I might show it in Aggressor paint with training rounds, for fleet defense training or similar, but she'll be carrying A2G.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.