A-6 Intruder and EA-6 Prowler

Started by Radish, July 31, 2002, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on March 02, 2010, 12:55:32 AM
Yes I thought of that, and a tandem two-seater based on the Prowler

Like this one?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

tigercat2

Here are a few Navy Birds serving with the USAF in a What if world.

Wes W.

Daryl J.

QuoteLike this one?

So, graft in a TA-7C or TA-4J cockpit section into the Intruder eh?    Given that one is thirty bux and the other about eight, I'll go with the TA-4J as a recommendation.

Daryl J.

rickshaw

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 19, 2010, 10:19:17 PM
QuoteLike this one?

So, graft in a TA-7C or TA-4J cockpit section into the Intruder eh?    Given that one is thirty bux and the other about eight, I'll go with the TA-4J as a recommendation.

Daryl J.

I'd prefer a T-2 rather than a TA-4, I think.  The cockpit looks closer to that of this machine than the TA-4.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Hey nice one Rickshaw - damn that looks good: really transforms the old tadpole doesn't it? :wub:

Looking just at the canopy, would an F-100F item do the job?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

fightingirish

A few pictures showing a A-6 carrying and launching a Tomahawk cruise missile can be found at the San Diego Air & Space Museum on Flickr.
Link: http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=2&w=49487266%40N07&q=A-6A&m=text

I can't tell, if the Tomahawk is an early AGM-109A or AGM-109C/H/I/J/K/L prototype later on the MRASM (Medium-Range Air-to-Surface Missile) program. The MRASM effort was cancelled in 1984.
Source: http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-109.html

Daryl J.

Are there any readily available line drawings of proposed Intruders that never made production status?     
TIA,
Daryl J.

FAR148

One of my many future projects  :wub:

Steven L  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Looks good Steve.
I've got an RAN FAA Intruder on my to do list.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AS.12

Quote from: fightingirish on May 30, 2010, 05:20:32 AM
I can't tell, if the Tomahawk is an early AGM-109A or AGM-109C/H/I/J/K/L prototype later on the MRASM (Medium-Range Air-to-Surface Missile) program. The MRASM effort was cancelled in 1984.

The balancing load-out on the port wing matches a photo in "World's Rockets & Missiles" pg 142 of the initial release trials at the PMR in March or June 1976, so that would make it a '109A

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"