O

Illyushin Il-86 AWACS - 1/144 scale

Started by Overkiller, July 22, 2009, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

Comrade,

The people's commisars await your progress report
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

thedarkmaster

ahhhhh comrade, It seem as though the imperialists are throwing everything they can against you.
So glad you have overcome it and the paint is so glourious.  ;D  ;D  ;D

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

D-Angle

Looks great mate, sounds like we have been spending the week in much the same fashion, my Typhoon is at paint stage too. Halfords primer? Halfords? You were lucky, I plumped for Poundland's best white primer, which seemed to go on quite nicely - until I started to take the masking tape off and took the paint with it... :banghead:

Looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

These things are sent to try us Duncan and you pulled through - well done mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Oh yes i like it so very much, top class work.

The People's Commisars would be very proud to watch thuis one role out  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

I'll say she turned out nice.....that is one very neat looking model !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Славься, Отечество наше свободное,
    Дружбы народов надёжный оплот!
    Партия Ленина — сила народная
    Нас к торжеству коммунизма ведёт!

;D

Barry Krell

Nice!

Handy tip when masking something like this.  Before spraying the second colour, spray a light coat of the original colour or a clear varnish.  This will seal the mask and if anything does leak under, it's the original colour or clear.  Works for me!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Scooterman

Comrade!  Now the Pigs of the United States can go nowhere in the air without Mother Russia knowing about it.

Glorious day indeed!  Za Radnia!!!!   :drink: :drink:

Comrade Scootervich

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Dunc, that is absolutely superb :wub:  One of the, if not the best things you've done, and sure to be the centrepiece of the SIG display at Telford.

Its one of those whiffs that just looks right, and I bet more than a fair few could be fooled into believing it was real

:wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Cobra

You did an Awesome Job with a Scale i see as a Major Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything as Cool Planned?????? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Mossie

Looks the part Dunc & suprisingly Western, I guess I'm comparing it to the E-3.  Great job! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.