euro fighter typhoon

Started by roadstermatt, July 23, 2009, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadstermatt

i have the revell 1:48 thphoon single seater kit waiting to be built now i have had a crazy idea for a what if after thing about the spectical i saw aat this years f1 a typhoon doing airobatics over the track & pits complex

what if they equpied the red arrows with typhoons??

what do you think should i spray it red and get some red arrows decals??

pyro-manic

I heard rumours (not sure how credible) that this has actually been considered! Apparently four Typhoons would be cheaper to run than nine Hawks.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

roadstermatt

having seen one in action the surely can dance in the skys

Captain Canada

she'd look beauty in Red Arrows colours, especially if she were all bombed up !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

roadstermatt

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 23, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
she'd look beauty in Red Arrows colours, especially if she were all bombed up !

:cheers:

now that would be a finally to the display bomb the spectators

D-Angle

Holy crap! I have just been out today to buy that very same kit, to start the very same project! That's just too wierd. ;D

I agree that it would be a good basis for a Red Arrows aircraft. The reasons for moving to the Hawk from the Gnat were apparently twofold: The Red Arrows are run out of the RAF advanced flight training school, who were re-equipping with Hawks, so it made sense to move the team to the same platform to allow ease of servicing etc. It is also said that there was some pressure to do so as it would be a good sales vehicle for the Hawk.

It could be said the Typhoon is in a similar position, and it might help export sales. There are no plans to phase out the Hawk though, as far as I know - it is one of BAe's most successful products and they are in no hurry to replace it.

Hi all by the way, first post and new to wiffing. :thumbsup: This is my first, and it's a great kit, which should leave me with a few bits and pieces for the future. I picked it up off the shelf, wondering where I could get the Red Arrows decals from - and right next to it on the shelf was an Airfix 1:48 Red Arrows Hawk. I think you can guess the rest. ;D Still I'm sure I can do something with it - at the moment I'm seeing it in Coast Guard colours.

roadstermatt

good luck with it i was figuring the same with the decals

nev

Somewhere on the site is a photoshop of a Typhoon in Red Arrows colours.  An F-18 too.  Good luck in searching for them!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

D-Angle

I was in the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester today (great place by the way - wherever you stand in the building, you're next to the Shackleton ;D) and they have a model of the Typhoon prototype in white with red striping. Might be a good place to start, I can see the reverse of this scheme making a nice Red Arrows livery:

roadstermatt

many thanks for both the heads up

GTX

Maybe it has already happened:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

roadstermatt

deffinatley doing it that looks so cool

roadstermatt

its on going still work to do its not turned out how id hoped to be honest

ive go to paint and fit the gas generator from the hawk amongst other stuff

D-Angle

Looks cool, where is the pilot from?