Bristol Beaufighter

Started by monkeyhanger, July 23, 2009, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 26, 2012, 09:03:14 AM
Darn it!  :banghead:

But a 'production' one with service markings would look good I'm sure. As well as go like CRAZY!  ;D

[Later] Just looked at the pics again, that must be a pretty early modification as it's still got the 'arrowhead' type radar installed.

There's even a photo of it in Squadron's 'Beaufighter in Action' book, which has been out for god knows when ---
same as Logan's second pic there
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 26, 2012, 12:52:50 PM

- and Sky with EDSG uppers in Korea markings - yes, yes, yes!

Agreed
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

That's that one decided then. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ysi_maniac

Some ideas about Beaufighter with tricycle uc

Cargo

Several bombers

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Interesting ideas with tricycle undercart  :thumbsup: You've now got me thinking of a FAA Beaufighter
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Full circle.  Beaufort bomber - Beaufighter - Beaufighter bomber...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

rickshaw

Looks rather like the Ta154 doesn't it?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on June 01, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Looks rather like the Ta154 doesn't it?

Yup, does bear a resemblence

kitbasher

Quote from: ysi_maniac on June 01, 2012, 10:42:48 AM
I prefer this concept

Looks too much like the least aggressive aircraft ever - the Percival Pembroke - to me!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on May 29, 2012, 06:06:05 PM

This one looks quite (but nowhere near exactly) like a variation on the S-2 Tracker. ;)

Perhaps if the wings were raised up onto the aircraft's "shoulder"? :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

It is amazing that by giving it a tricycle undercarriage how similar it looks to other aircraft

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, I revive this thread, because I had - strangely - a similar idea: converting a Matchbox/Revell TF. Mk. X into something with a tricycle undercarriage, moving the wings and replacing the Hercules engines with Griffons and making an all weather sea patrol/attack aircraft for the South African Air Force from it, in EDSG/PRU Blue. Not certain when it will reach hardware stage, but the project ist on the list.  :lol:

NARSES2

Dizzyfugu

I am already tinkering on a background story, even though it is uncertain when real work will begin. Time frame will be around 1957, when the SAAF also received its Shackletons as Sunderland replacements. The indigeniously reworked Beau (working title 'Zeeleeuw') would be the sea attack sidekick for the Shacks, adding some land-based punch until the Buccaneers arrived in the 60ies.