Chris707

>USN/USMC Sea Blue Gloss folded wing Beau

not quite that, but close ;-)

Chris
-----------------------------------
http://www.dataviewbooks.com/p-51h.html

GTX

Quote from: apophenia on August 15, 2009, 05:38:41 PM
Has anyone ever suggested a twin-boom Beaufighter?

Funnily enough yes - in this thread.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra

Can You Guys Just Picture the 'Black Sheep' Squadron Flying Beaufighters??????? would  No Offense,"Scare the Knickers" off of the Japanese if they Had them!!!!! :wacko: :cheers:

Barry Krell

Quote from: Radish on August 15, 2009, 03:04:26 AM
Something else??
A Biggles example from "Biggles Delivers The Goods"...standard SEAC colouring, but ship launched TF.X, so even though it's RAF, a modified camouflage? Dark Blue replacing the Dark Green?

Given the vile swing that the aircraft had on takeoff, you would have to be mental to attempt it from a carrier.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Radish

Superior British flying lol
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Quote from: Barry Krell on August 16, 2009, 05:08:05 AM
Something else??
A Biggles example from "Biggles Delivers The Goods"...standard SEAC colouring, but ship launched TF.X, so even though it's RAF, a modified camouflage? Dark Blue replacing the Dark Green?

Given the vile swing that the aircraft had on takeoff, you would have to be mental to attempt it from a carrier.

Because the Seafire was such a suitable platform for carrier ops....I wouldn't have had the courage to fly a Seafire (well, take off and land in a Seafire if we're being precise)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

jcf

Quote from: Barry Krell on August 16, 2009, 05:08:05 AM
Something else??

Simple solution, the Seaufighter (pronounced SO-Fighter  ;D ) variant has handed engines.

:cheers:

ysi_maniac

Here it says that Beaufighter was equipped with Griffon engines. Is that true?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Griffon
Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ysi_maniac on April 26, 2012, 08:15:20 AM

Nah! They've got brain fade there, unless it was a one-off trials aircraft perhaps?

I've never heard of it but it would make a good Whiff, wouldn't it?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Logan Hartke

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 26, 2012, 08:36:00 AM
Quote from: ysi_maniac on April 26, 2012, 08:15:20 AM

Nah! They've got brain fade there, unless it was a one-off trials aircraft perhaps?

I've never heard of it but it would make a good Whiff, wouldn't it?  ;)

Yes, they trialled it.  There's a nice pic of it in the recent Key Publishing special on the Beau.

Cheers,

Logan

PR19_Kit

Darn it!  :banghead:

But a 'production' one with service markings would look good I'm sure. As well as go like CRAZY!  ;D

[Later] Just looked at the pics again, that must be a pretty early modification as it's still got the 'arrowhead' type radar installed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I was going to do a Griffon one at some stage, just need some bits - namely a Magna Beaufighter II conversion, a pair of Frog/Novo Firefly I fuselages and a lot of filler.  I also thought about twin fins too.

Oops, just remembered I gave away my last Airfix Beaufighter (the Magna kit is geared to go with this kit).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

pyro-manic

Yikes, the Griffon Beau has taken a bit of a battering with the ugly stick! :blink:

Nice work on your TF.11, kitbasher!

I have a half-finished SeaBeau (TF.21) on the bench - folding wings, 4-blade, handed props, oil coolers moved to the cowlings (away from the fold), wing guns deleted in favour of extra fuel, slipper tanks, etc. Torn between overall Gloss Sea Blue and BPF markings, or overall sky with EDSG uppers (Korea maybe?)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitbasher

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 26, 2012, 12:15:28 PM
Yikes, the Griffon Beau has taken a bit of a battering with the ugly stick! :blink:

Nice work on your TF.11, kitbasher!

I have a half-finished SeaBeau (TF.21) on the bench - folding wings, 4-blade, handed props, oil coolers moved to the cowlings (away from the fold), wing guns deleted in favour of extra fuel, slipper tanks, etc. Torn between overall Gloss Sea Blue and BPF markings, or overall sky with EDSG uppers (Korea maybe?)

Thank you - and Sky with EDSG uppers in Korea markings - yes, yes, yes!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter